Thread: russian чудо ISPs

Старший оракул

russian чудо ISPs

this is something i love, but dont fully understand. so, all the russian ISPs ive been with have had an online archive (on their server for clients) of downloadable software, films, music and tv. in fact, i dont have a tv anymore coz i can just stream it on my laptop (i get way more channels this way) i even found all seasons and episodes of red dawarf on there in Russian (i hate poorly dubbed, poorly translated stuff)
    so why is this? i mean, i love it, but im curious
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Завсегдатай

Re: russian чудо ISPs

You are probably talking about cable ISP companies. Some of them use such online media archives as an additional enticement for their prospective clients to subscribe to them rather than their competitors. In fact, in most cases, those archives are not maintained by the ISP companies. They just open access to them for their subscribers who use such storages as peer-to-peer exchange services.

ST

So, what's the question is? Why they allow this illegal stuff? Because it's good advertisement (our internet is cheap, and we have 10Tb of free stuff, also!), and it's (still?) safe. AFAIK where is no any single sue against ISP from a rightholders.
    The bear looked at the car, and reflections of fire danced in his eyes. He knew what to do.

Старший оракул

yes it is a cable connection. i guess i did wonder why there were no law suits, but still. when i get over 100 channels for free (i even found a german one today), im not complaining
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/