Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Russian TV

Властелин
    Ok, just ordered Akira and Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex, if I like it, I'll order the second season.
    -- Да? Коту Ваське, бл##?
    -- Нет, Я кот Васька :-/

Почётный участник
    you will want ghost in the shell the movie hey trigun series is good full of comedy in the beggining but gets more thoughtful in the end also ninjascroll was one of the first good east-west collaborations.
    its my opinion - but its flexible

Завсегдатай
    Yes, Trigun is very good. As is Full Metal Panic.

Have you seen Noir, moonman?

Властелин
    Do you want to say, mooman, that GitS/TV sucks?

Властелин
    Damn, I've already ordered GitS/TV!
    Well OK, I'll order the movie too ((

basurero

Noir is coming to me tomorrow ! We'll watch what you're fan of!

Почётный участник
    never seen GitS/tv if its anything like the movies it should be good and have you seen the animatrix

Властелин
    have you seen the animatrix
    no

Почётный участник
    get the animatrix to. It is a whole compilation of artists that have down anime around the matrix theme.

Властелин
    Ok, definitely, but first I want to look through all the animes I've ordered already. It will take many hours

What else would you advice?

Почётный участник
    ill ask my friends

What about Cowboy Bebop?

That's a good one, it's similar to GitS but more technology than androids.
    Please correct any Russian language mistakes I make.

Почётный участник
    and is that soldat if u transliterate that program they were talking avout earlier ....beacuse soldaat is soldier in afrikaans

Почётный участник
    Back to topic. I think, there are few programs on Russian TV that merit watching. Of course, not those pathetic talk-shows, neither "analytical" empties.

For a motorsport fan, 7TV shows a lot of interesting, for free. I love it and am ready to forgive the ragged commenting to Oksana Kosachenko. "Sport" shows a lot of interesting sports too, I enjoy tennis grand-slam and finals of volleyball championship.

But for others, in general, I think, Kul'tura channel shows a number of interesting regular and single programs, many interesting films that have no market nowadays (enjoyed a number of Italian neorealismo films). At the same time, they regulary show that ridiculous Shvidkoy's talk show, and a better one "Tem vremenem" (don't remember the anchorman's name). While it's useless to discuss Shvidkoy, the "Tem vremenem" makes attempts to do settled, reasoned discussion, but still it is quite empty. They'd better make single programs with the invited persons or on those raised topics.

An interesting type of programs they make is a talk of a celebrity with an audience. The protagonist (not specifically an actor, there are many film directors, writers, script writers) just answers the questions of the audience, and there is no anchorman. Then the program is dubbed (to cut uninteresting moments) and showed on TV.

As for other channels, I prefer reading news in the internet. Criminal news or criminal films, or evening talk-shows seem to me a stream of stupidity. They'd better not have been made at all.

Eh, by the way, I've been to other Siberian cities, and they seem to have their own quite strong TV companies, at least Krasnoyarsk and Tomsk. In Nsk, on the contrary, they have been destroyed and the frequencies were given to Moscow empties. A very sad picture.

Завсегдатай
    КВН, Воскресный вечер с Владимирым Соловьевым, Программа Максимум, Профессия Репортер, Новости по НТВ, Особо опасен. Да много чего есть смотреть! :)) Российское телевидение - одно из лучших в мире по интересности.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Quote Originally Posted by mooman
    and is that soldat if u transliterate that program they were talking avout earlier ....beacuse soldaat is soldier in afrikaans
    This was a good show. Now all I can find is stupid soap operas.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123