Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Russian Rubles

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramil
    Just a test. Ignore previous message by charlestonian. (I wrote it from the wrong nick).
    You think you are soooooooooooo funny, huh?
    No, you're responsible for being funny in out small family. I woudn't take it from you.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous
    The best way is to ask some Russian tourists (if there are any).
    And some of them will surely readily part with 5000-ruble banknotes :P :P :P :P :P
    The exchange rate, I'm afraid, wouldn't be 1:26 though
    Well, actually I thought of some sort of contribution....free contribution. All you have to do is come across a Russian student in the States, come up tp him/her and ask to give you some of their Russian banknotes...
    If they have any. I don't usually take roubles with me when travel abroad.
    Normally I take about 3000 roubles just in case anything goes wrong while I'm still in Russia. You never know what you might need at an airport.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Transfer of Rubles/Dollars is allowed for numismatic (collecting) purposes. I have Belorussian, Russian and Ukranian banknotes from "my kids". Some old Soviet coins and a magnetic coin for a Moscow toilet. I trade $2 bills, old dollar coins, 1976 quarters, duck hunting stamps, old hunting, fishing and shellfishing licenses etc. When I send letters, I use a SH1TL0AD of stamps for collectors.

All for now, time for fireworks...
    I'm easily amused late at night...

Quote Originally Posted by capecoddah
    Transfer of Rubles/Dollars is allowed for numismatic (collecting) purposes. I have Belorussian, Russian and Ukranian banknotes from "my kids". Some old Soviet coins and a magnetic coin for a Moscow toilet. I trade $2 bills, old dollar coins, 1976 quarters, duck hunting stamps, old hunting, fishing and shellfishing licenses etc. When I send letters, I use a SH1TL0AD of stamps for collectors.

Yey!!!!! 4th of July y'all
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Почтенный гражданин

I'm back from vacation. Anyway, thanks to all who responded. I don't want to be arrested for "High Treason", although I doubt they'd make a fuss about 2-3 banknotes for collecting purposes. In any event, I suppose nobody in Russia would make a trade, considering the laws. Can't say I blame them either.

Perhaps I will just have to use ebay.
    Платинов

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum
    I suppose nobody in Russia would make a trade, considering the laws.
    You're wrong. If you offer gain for them everybody would be more than willing to help
    Send me a PM if you need me.

Старший оракул
    just float on over to e-bay my friend
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chaika
    I have a 500 ruble note from 1912 (Peter I on it) and a 5-spot from 1909. Not about to sell 'em, though!
    Whoa, 500-rouble note from 1912 must have been worth quite alot back then. Where did you get it from and how much did you pay?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Quote Originally Posted by chaika
    I have a 500 ruble note from 1912 (Peter I on it) and a 5-spot from 1909. Not about to sell 'em, though!
    Whoa, 500-rouble note from 1912 must have been worth quite alot back then. Where did you get it from and how much did you pay?
    Stolen from a museum?.. Just a silly joke!
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

I found a stamp album in the basement this week with alot of old Russian stamps. Oldest are 1883 1Коп. Very nice up until 1917, then missing until 1921, a 1000 РУБ (hammer and shovel). Then alot of happy workers, factories, farms and some bald guy with a pointy goatee.
    Some large ones from 1935 всемирная спартакиадаб, 2 running, a swimmer, rowing and skiing.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Remyisme
    Sorry for Offtop, but Лев, я тебе давно хочу сказать что ты красавчик!
    -1 (меня, пожалуйста, вычеркните из списка поклонниц)
    If you have problems with both posting new messages and sending PMs, you can send an e-mail to the Forum Administrator here:
    http://masterrussian.net/sendmessage.php
    У меня что-то с почтой, на ЛС ответить не могу. (

I found a stamp album in the basement this week with alot of old Russian stamps. Oldest are 1883 1Коп. Very nice up until 1917, then missing until 1921, a 1000 РУБ (hammer and shovel). Then alot of happy workers, factories, farms and some bald guy with a pointy goatee.
    Some large ones from 1935 всемирная спартакиадаб, 2 running, a swimmer, rowing and skiing.
    Wow... What are you planning to do with all that stuff? Do you want to sell them?
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

I'd like to buy your worthless papers that are obviously past the expire date for the sum of 10 dollars. Deal?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Charlstonian and KV,
    MAJOR SCORE, 1870's - 1938, European Colonies, Danzig, countries that don't exist, post WW1 'occupation' stamps, air-mail stamps with Zepplins and flying boats, some German guy with a funny moustache...
    Appraisal after the summer, a bit overwhelming, kept in a dry basement for years, so they are in good shape

Charlstonian and KV,
    MAJOR SCORE, 1870's - 1938, European Colonies, Danzig, countries that don't exist, post WW1 'occupation' stamps, air-mail stamps with Zepplins and flying boats, some German guy with a funny moustache...
    Appraisal after the summer, a bit overwhelming, kept in a dry basement for years, so they are in good shape
    I see you've done your homework So, how much do you want for them?

DAMMIT!!! I forgot I can't upload images here.
    Oh well, I scanned a few, if anyone wants to see them, PM me.

Завсегдатай
    Oh, man, you're lucky! I wish I could find smth like that in my basement.
    The oldest stamp I had as a child was 1918. And I was stupid and gave all my Lenin, October, etc. stamps away, since we, kids, usually thought they are not cool and prefered to collect fauna stamps instead.

PS. You can upload any image to a free imagehosting (like photobucket.com, or any other) and then paste it's url in your post within the tags .

OK, take 2...
    A few stamps that are not mounted.
    1914,1921,1938 and ? for the rest. Note the one with a 100,000 r surcharge. I'll some more later and make it look like I know what I'm doing

I'll get a better scanned image later, with some other examples. I'm not using the computer with scanner and graphics toys now. I need to clean up the file, I just tossed a few on the scanner bed.

Cool! You can still scan and post the mounted ones...

OK, take 3...
    Sorry Master Admin... It's friggin huge

Not centered, or in any particular order. I didn't want to destroy the stamps. Sorry Bellorus and Ukraine, the stamps are stuck together, a local collector will help make them free.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast