Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Russian lullabies please!

  1. #1
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    9

    Russian lullabies please!

    My daughter (age 5) listened to some DDT with distaste, and announced it sounds "evil". I assume her objection to be with rock music rather than the Russian language, though I suspect the Forces of Darkness may have had a hand in shaping the Russian verb system.

    I have promised to find her some "nice" Russian music that she can learn. I thought some Russian lullabies would be nice, MP3s with transcripts of the lyrics. Can anyone help please?

    BTW I found some traditional Cossack lullabies, but they had lyrics along the lines of "grow up big and strong little baby and put your enemies to the sword" which I think she would object to even more than DDT lyrics.

  2. #2
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The United States Of America, Missouri
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    10
    DDT what did you say to scare a young girl?
    Hate= to dislike somebody or something intensely, often in a way that evokes feelings of anger, hostility, or animosity
    Love= an intense feeling of tender affection and compassion

  3. #3
    Властелин charlestonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Local bar
    Posts
    1,477
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by iamjames
    DDT what did you say to scare a young girl?
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

  4. #4
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Северо-Восточный Администритивный Округ.
    Posts
    3,471
    Rep Power
    15
    RUSSKIY RAZMER is loved by all.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

  5. #5
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,627
    Rep Power
    31
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  6. #6
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    26
    Самая знаменитая (думаю, каждый её знает наизусть или хотя бы слышал хоть раз):

    Спят усталые игрушки, книжки спят,
    Одеяла и подушки ждут ребят,
    Даже сказка спать ложится,
    Чтобы ночью нам присниться,
    Глазки закрывай, баю - бай...

    В сказке можно покататься на Луне,
    И по радуге промчаться на коне,
    Со слонёнком подружиться,
    и поймать перо Жар - птицы,
    Ты ей пожелай - баю - бай.

    Баю - бай, должны все люди ночью спать,
    Баю - баю, завтра будет день опять,
    За день мы устали очень,
    Скажем всем - спокойной ночи,
    Глазки закрывай, баю - бай.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  7. #7
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    9

    Baffled by music technology

    OK Lampada, this is the point where I have to admit I've been trying for ages and failing to get any of your music links to work! I get various error messages on the theme "this resource doesn't actually exist" but presumably other people can see them, so I wonder what the matter is with my set-up? Do I need particular software or something? Or are the files only there for a short period and then they are removed from their host server?

  8. #8
    Завсегдатай Ramil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Other Universe
    Posts
    8,501
    Rep Power
    26
    Either your ISP or the network administrator is blocking streaming sound and video for some reason, or you have something wrong with your settings. Just checked - everything works.

    You need a microsoft media player (which is shipped with every copy of Windows) or WinAmp media player. There are a whole lot of other software that supports streaming multimedia.

    After you clicked a link a media player (default) should start. If it doesn't happen then there's something wrong. Try to copy a link, launch Media player manually and use File/Open URL menu to open that link.
    Send me a PM if you need me.

  9. #9
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,627
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Baffled by music technology

    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowworrier
    OK Lampada, this is the point where I have to admit I've been trying for ages and failing to get any of your music links to work! I get various error messages on the theme "this resource doesn't actually exist" but presumably other people can see them, so I wonder what the matter is with my set-up? Do I need particular software or something? Or are the files only there for a short period and then they are removed from their host server?
    Вообще-то да, к сожалению, многие сайты либо перестают существовать, либо почему-то делаются недоступными. Поэтому я периодически проверяю ссылки в моих темах.
    Очень жаль, что ты не можешь послушать песни. Надеюсь, ты скоро найдёшь причину неполадки.
    Спят усталые игрушки
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Moscow,50 feet above the ground
    Posts
    4,106
    Rep Power
    13
    I love this one, though it is not quite Russian, but it sounds so sweetly!

    Малютку сына — баю-бай!
    Прижми покрепче к сердцу
    И никогда не забывай
    Задать ребёнку перцу!

    Уа-а! Уа-а! Уа-а!

    Баюкай сына своего
    Хорошею дубиной —
    Увидишь, будет у него
    Характер голубиный!

    Уа-а! Уа-а! Уа-а!

    Уж я-то деточку свою
    Лелею, словно розу!
    И я его — баю-баю,
    Как Сидорову козу!

    ПРИПЕВ
    Уа-а! Уа-а! Уа-а!

    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
    in Russian retelling of Boris Zakhoder
    Я так думаю.

  11. #11
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The United States Of America, Missouri
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Leof
    I love this one, though it is not quite Russian, but it sounds so sweetly!

    Малютку сына — баю-бай!
    Прижми покрепче к сердцу
    И никогда не забывай
    Задать ребёнку перцу!

    Уа-а! Уа-а! Уа-а!

    Баюкай сына своего
    Хорошею дубиной —
    Увидишь, будет у него
    Характер голубиный!

    Уа-а! Уа-а! Уа-а!

    Уж я-то деточку свою
    Лелею, словно розу!
    И я его — баю-баю,
    Как Сидорову козу!

    ПРИПЕВ
    Уа-а! Уа-а! Уа-а!

    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
    in Russian retelling of Boris Zakhoder
    Awww. I like this one too...
    Hate= to dislike somebody or something intensely, often in a way that evokes feelings of anger, hostility, or animosity
    Love= an intense feeling of tender affection and compassion

  12. #12
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by "Ramil"
    You need a microsoft media player (which is shipped with every copy of Windows) or WinAmp media player. There are a whole lot of other software that supports streaming multimedia.

    After you clicked a link a media player (default) should start. If it doesn't happen then there's something wrong. Try to copy a link, launch Media player manually and use File/Open URL menu to open that link.
    No, can't get it to work even with launching Windows Media player manually and putting all the network settings to what the help file says they should be.

    I must get Mr Worrier to have a look at it when he's in a fiddling mood.

  13. #13
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowworrier
    OK Lampada, this is the point where I have to admit I've been trying for ages and failing to get any of your music links to work! I get various error messages on the theme "this resource doesn't actually exist" but presumably other people can see them, so I wonder what the matter is with my set-up?
    Yo Lampada thanks to my new(-ish) computer I can finally listen to the songs you have posted links and lyrics to! I have played my daughter some of your children's songs and she is a happy bunny too.

    Video's a bit jerky still. Mr Worrier is muttering about adding some more RAM. I didn't think it would take him long to get his screwdriver out and start fiddling. [/quote]

Similar Threads

  1. A cute collection of animated lullabies
    By Ленивец in forum Culture and History
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 27th, 2009, 06:30 PM
  2. Favorite Russian childhood lullabies & bedtime stories
    By rockzmom in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 28th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary