Thread: Russian keyboards

Подающий надежды оратор

Russian keyboards

I am trying to learn the Russian language, whilst i do enjoy doing so and trying to improve, it can be a burden for me to check anything that is Russian on the internet because if i dont know what it says i have to spell it out with copy and pasted letters. Whilst i invariably do it as i simply like the language and want to learn more, it seems to be impeding my progress.

I have some questions i hope that could be clarified:

What is a bi-linguial keyboard? I have never heard of such a thing and it sounds confusing to me.
    Where can i buy keyboards of this nature from? When i search the internet it finds Russian letters to stick on an existing keyboard, which i cant see working out at all.

Thank you if you can answer, and sorry i dont have a translation into Russian, but at this time i have neither the means or the knowledge to do so

(sorry if this thread is a duplicate)

Почтенный гражданин

Re: Russian keyboards

Quote Originally Posted by An English Guy
    What is a bi-linguial keyboard? I have never heard of such a thing and it sounds confusing to me.
    Where can i buy keyboards of this nature from? When i search the internet it finds Russian letters to stick on an existing keyboard, which i cant see working out at all.
    Why? Keyboards for all languages are all the same, they differ only with letters printed on buttons - converting keystrokes into characters is up to operating system, depending on selected ( in the operating system) keyboard layout. Google for /russian keyboard layout [name of your os here]./ .In windows it must be somewhere in control panel->languages.
    You can even draw the Russian letters with permanent (or not permanent) marker or learn to touch-type.
    Russian is tough, let’s go shopping!

Подающий надежды оратор

Quote Originally Posted by vox05
    Quote Originally Posted by An English Guy
    Why? Keyboards for all languages are all the same, they differ only with letters printed on buttons - converting keystrokes into characters is up to operating system, depending on selected ( in the operating system) keyboard layout. Google for /russian keyboard layout [name of your os here]./ .In windows it must be somewhere in control panel->languages.
    You can even draw the Russian letters with permanent (or not permanent) marker or learn to touch-type.
    Huh, learn something new every day. The only thing i can think though is that if i have my keyboard in russian, what about the english things i need my computer for, or am i missing something. Probably the latter. Thanks for your help.

-------------------
    ****EDIT****

Thanks you for your help, got it to work now, its alot easier now.

Подающий надежды оратор

http://img.merlion.ru/items/61039_v01_b.jpg
    you can buy it at any web shop.
    trust no one

Подающий надежды оратор

Quote Originally Posted by FedorV
    http://img.merlion.ru/items/61039_v01_b.jpg
    you can buy it at any web shop.
    it wasnt what i meant but thanks for trying to help, thread can be closed.

Новичок

Hi !
    I live in Brazil and instead of buying a russian keybord for my computer I just bought some stickers at latkey to put on my normal keybord... probably there are other places to buy them, but maybe it'll help you!
    http://www.latkey.com/
    Tati

Подающий надежды оратор
    trust no one