Thread: Russian Fonts??

Новичок

Russian Fonts??

Hello everyone, I am trying to look for some Russian style fonts. I have found some but they do not support the Russian alphabet. I was curious if anyone on here could either share some fonts they have that support a Russian keyboard or point me in the direction of some. Thanks!

Look at the combo box "Font name" of post's editor. It contatins system fonts and all of them support cyrillic alphabet.
    English as a Second Language by Jeff McQuillan and Lucy Tse.

Новичок
    I'm bit confused. You when making a post? If so, I am trying to get them on my computer to use in a project.

Search in Yandex for "русские шрифты".
    Семь бед, один Reset

I think there might be some confusion here about what a font is, what a keyboard does and how to set up the system correctly so it types Russian letters. A keyboard sends a code when a key is pressed. On a keyboard set to, say, US American layout pressing the key A should always give you an A, even if the font selected is "Russian". On the other hand, once you set your keyboard to Russian layout, never mind what's printed on the keyboard pressing the same key should give you an ф, even if you use any old font (OK, not too old, it should have a full UTF 8 set of characters), not specifically any Russian font The ф letter you see here is your current display font set in your browser displaying a Russian letter.

It is possible to set the layout of the keyboard to Russian Phonetic or somesuch which should result in similar sounding letters ending up on the same key, so that ф probably ends up on the F key. That's a matter of preference. But you need to set your keyboard correctly or learn the alt codes for Russian letters (or whatever your operating system offers you for entering special characters).
    Спасибо за исправления!

Вам нравится этот форум, и вы изучаете немецкий язык? Вот похожий форум о немецком языке.

Russian fonts are built into Windows. If you have a Windows PC, consult Google for how to actuate Cyrillic fonts. Once installed in Control Panel, switching between latin and cyrillic is a matter of a keypress.

Новичок
    Well I did set up my keyboard so I can now type the Russian alphabet. The problem is most of the font styling is very standard and plain. I was looking for some more interesting fonts to make the Russian letters look interesting. I really like the look of the Russian poster fonts from like the cold war era and was wondering if that was possible to get on the computer.

POW! I knocked myself out!
    I'm easily amused late at night...

Quote Originally Posted by everythingtonothing View Post
    I really like the look of the Russian poster fonts from like the cold war era
    I just tested it, and the widely-used font "Impact" seems to support Cyrillic encoding. So you could use that to create the look of vintage Soviet posters.

Personally, I'd like to find a font that was in the 18th-century style used for лубок woodcuts, as seen in this modern parody by Russian artist Andrei Kuznetsov:

More parody examples here.
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"

P.S. You definitely don't want to get a Higgs boson in your жопа -- it'll ruin your day, and possibly tear apart the fabric of the universe.
    Говорит Бегемот: "Dear citizens of MR -- please correct my Russian mistakes!"