Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilot project

Почётный участник

Pilot project

I've been learning russian at school for almost 4 years now. My teacher even asked me to skip a class as I'm top of my class....

but, however, there's no possibility to SPEAK russian freely in my coutnry, as it is a rarely spoken language here ...

so I'll make a russian classmate the following suggestion:

We meet & do something together, such as playing soccer etc, at least 1x a week and speak only Russian...

is this a good way to improve my language skills?
    no pain, no gain

Почтенный гражданин
    IMHO you need somebody who speaks Russian better that you do (preferably a native speaker) for this kind of exercise.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    But it has to be a better alternative than talking to ones self, don't you think?
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    But it has to be a better alternative than talking to ones self, don't you think?
    I think it depends on a level of a classmate. You don't want to learn somebody's mistakes.

I tried it with English. It didn't work well.

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh
    I think it depends on a level of a classmate. You don't want to learn somebody's mistakes.

forgot to mention that he's a native speaker
    no pain, no gain

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by krobatshov
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesh

forgot to mention that he's a native speaker
    If he's a native speaker, why is he studying Russian? (just curious)
    Платинов

Why was it assumed that the Russian classmate were in a Russian class?
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Почтенный гражданин

Re: Pilot project

I've been learning russian at school for almost 4 years now. My teacher even asked me to skip a class as I'm top of my class....

but, however, there's no possibility to SPEAK russian freely in my coutnry, as it is a rarely spoken language here ...

so I'll make a russian classmate the following suggestion:

We meet & do something together, such as playing soccer etc, at least 1x a week and speak only Russian...

is this a good way to improve my language skills?
    I guess I read "a russian classmate" to mean "a mate in the russian class". I suppose he probably meant "a russian mate from another class". Hee hee. Just pokin' fun, actually.
    Платинов

Старший оракул
    I was about to press "submit" on a very similar post I made (asking why a Native Russian was in Russian class), when I realized that it could be another class... :P
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by fantom605
    I was about to press "submit" on a very similar post I made (asking why a Native Russian was in Russian class), when I realized that it could be another class... :P
    -Fantom
    I asked him the same question years ago!!

We attend a 5-year business academy. You have to choose between french and russian at the beginning

he wanted to learn CHINESE, but not FRENCH...so he decided learning RUSSIAN...and having one more good mark
    no pain, no gain

Почтенный гражданин
    -Fantom

We attend a 5-year business academy. You have to choose between french and russian at the beginning

he wanted to learn CHINESE, but not FRENCH...so he decided learning RUSSIAN...and having one more good mark

So, he is Russian, and Russian is his native language. But he's still taking the Russian class because he didn't want French? Okay, easy way to get a good grade i suppose.
    Платинов

Властелин
    -Fantom

Way to go Just sit in the class and make fun of teachers.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Почтенный гражданин
    Yeah, most teachers are not native speakers. So they probably don't speak it properly.

When I was in college my Spanish teacher was from Spain. She, of course, spoke perfect Spanish. However, in America we usually learn the Latin American version of Spanish. So she still was not exactly what she was teaching.
    Платинов

Почтенный гражданин
    Yeah, most teachers are not native speakers. So they probably don't speak it properly.

When I was in college my Spanish teacher was from Spain. She, of course, spoke perfect Spanish. However, in America we usually learn the Latin American version of Spanish. So she still was not exactly what she was teaching.
    Платинов

Властелин
    That's why I prefer text-books written by native speakers. Especially if you are at advanced level. Though if your aim is to learn the basics your teacher shouldn't necessarily be a native speaker.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum
    Yeah, most teachers are not native speakers. So they probably don't speak it properly. ...
    Тогда это точно как у моего сына. Он взял русский в солледже. Правда, он до этого почти не говорил по-русски и не мог ни читать, ни писать.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Властелин
    А сейчас?
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    WHSmith

И сейчас. Научился немножко читать по буквам. Делает исключительно только то, что задают. От моей помощи отказывается.

Властелин
    А чего это он от твоей помощи отказывается? Не хочет русским овладеть? Т.е. его так особо ничему и не научили?
    Mark Twain
    WHSmith

Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous
    А чего это он от твоей помощи отказывается? Не хочет русским овладеть? Т.е. его так особо ничему и не научили?
    Учиться не любит. Только месяц как в колледж пошёл. Интересно, что по математике у него учительница из России, так он её английского не понимает.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast