Thread: Phone Operating Temperature in Russia

Phone Operating Temperature in Russia

Hello.

I have got a pratical question about life in Russia in winter time.

Last Winter was very cold in Russia. Did mobile phones survived and operated if you left them freezing in your car or in the pocket of your suit when going out?

I'm trying to learn the actual lowest temperature of operation of my phone to know if my sensitive data inside might be lost during my winter trip.

Thx for your feedback!

Re: Phone Operating Temperature in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan
    Hello.

I have got a pratical question about life in Russia in winter time.

Last Winter was very cold in Russia. Did mobile phones survived and operated if you left them freezing in your car or in the pocket of your suit when going out?

I'm trying to learn the actual lowest temperature of operation of my phone to know if my sensitive data inside might be lost during my winter trip.

Thx for your feedback!
    This might help. Check this out:

Battery Performance Characteristics - How to specify and test a ...Cell performance can change dramatically with temperature. At the lower extreme the electrolyte may freeze setting a lower limit on the operating ...
    www.mpoweruk.com/performance.htm
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

The biggest problem I had during my stay in Peter (where the temperature didn't go below -20 C) was that the display would almost freeze when I had it in my pocket (I didn't bother to find out how long it could survive). They have LCD displays (read Liquid). L's freeze.
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Завсегдатай
    If I was you, Mordan, I really wouldn't be worrying about my mobile. Russian winter temperatures are so hostile, so undemocratic, so barbarian that I would be worrying about my ears freezing the f**k off, not about my worthless mobile. Remember Napolean's soldiers?
    Show yourself - destroy our fears - release your mask

Quote Originally Posted by VendingMachine
    If I was you, Mordan, I really wouldn't be worrying about my mobile. Russian winter temperatures are so hostile, so undemocratic, so barbarian that I would be worrying about my ears freezing the f**k off, not about my worthless mobile. Remember Napolean's soldiers?
    VM, I'm as much French as you are Russian.

and my mobile is priceless, because it has become my second brain. I cannot live without it. Besides I'm going to experiment my new mobile phone application there. So my trip would be pointless if my phone stops working as I walk down the streets heh?

now dear russian friend, if you have valuable experience please share otherwise shut up and f**k off my thread

Старший оракул
    I've never seen a frozen mobile in my life and even never heard of this actually happen with anyone I know. If you have your mobile in your inner pocket everything will be OK. And even if you'll have it in your outer pocket, the time between the metro station or a car and a building is not enough to freeze it even in open air. If there'll be a REAL cold in Moscow - of which I doubt a lot, because it is not year 1941, it is not a Yakutia or Antarctica - you'll be very quick in your movements between warm places.

I think Mordan is wondering what happens if he forgets the phone in the car overnight or something... Is Mordan's life over?
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Почтенный гражданин
    I am sure your battery would permanently cease to function if you left it in -20C overnight. You should get a spare battery just in case. I suspect your phone would survive.
    Я взял палку и нож, мелки и бумагу и направился к холмам.

Mordan sez:
    " my mobile is priceless, because it has become my second brain. I cannot live without it."

W T F !!!!???
    I was going to talk battery etc. until I saw that!

I suggest therapy, a SCUBA dive to get the damn phones I tossed into the ocean would be a start. Crackberry monster.

Too easy a target
    I'm easily amused late at night...

I think the battery performance will be the issue. See my post above.
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian
    I think the battery performance will be the issue. See my post above.
    yes it will be an issue. thx for link. however I was more concerned with the screen and electronic components inside.

Quote Originally Posted by capecoddah
    Mordan sez:
    " my mobile is priceless, because it has become my second brain. I cannot live without it."

W T F !!!!???
    I was going to talk battery etc. until I saw that!

I suggest therapy, a SCUBA dive to get the damn phones I tossed into the ocean would be a start. Crackberry monster.

Too easy a target
    and you are easy to laugh at! bloody leftish amish. now it is sad you didn't see the irony targeted at VM

Banned

Re: Phone Operating Temperature in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan
    Did mobile phones survived and operated if you left them freezing in your car or in the pocket of your suit when going out?
    Держите телефон во внутреннем кармане ближе к телу и батареи не разрядятся раньше времени. А вообще, нужно волноваться не о морозе, а о его отсутствии в этом году. Пока у нас в европейской части аномально тепло (+6) и снега нет. В Сибири правда уже мороз.

Than it was about -35C in Moscow last winter (during a week or so), I was wearing my mobile phone on my trousers's belt and nothing terrible hadn't happen with it. If such a frost will happen this winter, you shouldn't worry about your phone - I'm sure it can withstand low temperature longer, than your ears and feet.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Властелин
    My previous mobile (Siemens) didn't seem to have any problems last winter. I remember carrying it in my pocket for the whole winter and the only problem I can recall is that the screen of the phone started operating more slowly than usual after being outside at minus temperatures. The mobile I've got now (SonyEricsson) hasn't been exposed to cold yet. The lowest temperature it's gone through so far is about -3C. Not very cold, I suppose.

Sweden will probably turn out way less susceptible to extreme temperatures than Germany...
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith