View Poll Results: Is school/college which chooses to have skills or not ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes !

2 25.00%
  • Sometimes

4 50.00%
  • No !

2 25.00%

Thread: Papers became more important than Human !

Почётный участник

Papers became more important than Human !

in these days ..papers became much important than human ... and i mean the Liscence ...i mean its important yeah ..but sometimes it goes in the wrong lane ..like we can find people have super skills ...and can do extraordinary things...without having the liscence ...in everything ..like driving a car ..or School ...and school is much important and more dangerous than driving liscence ...driving lscence is really importatn to keep the junk or bad guys away ..but college liscence is different ..like me now ..im 18 ..i dont have college Liscence yet ..but i can do super things on computer ..i even helpped a college student once ..and he got an A on his projects ....people come to learn from me sometimes ...and i do go to learn from them ..we all learn from each other ...and we do helo each other ...and thats nice ...what about the liscence ?

Завсегдатай
    It is spelled L-I-C-E-N-S-E.

A license is proof that you attained appropriate training for whatever you are doing - whether driving a car or qualification for your job or any other reason.
    Sometimes it is necesary, sometimes not.
    I study Russian so that I can read, write and speak in Russian. I can speak better Russian than many students who have studied Russian in college, but there is no need for me to prove it to anyone. In this case I do not need any paperwork that says how much Russian education I had. All I need is my personal satisfaction.

However, driving a car can be dangerous. If you are not trained properly, you can kill someone. In this case it should be mandatory to have a drivers license.
    Какая разница, умереть богатым или бедным?

Какой толк от богатства если ты не счастлив.

Почётный участник
    Drving licence is really importatn yes i know ..but like what u said ...personal satisfaction ...but some people doesnt care about someone's p.satisfaction !! ...and i think thats a problem ..some can do their job even better than others have licence with hold .. .. why not Creating something instead of it ...like exams before goin into a specific job ..... doin ur job well is not about having it or not ..its about the skills !

Почётный участник
    Well, I live in "lawless" and "undemocratic" society...
    so I work for 6 years as computer graphics designer having no proper diploma or "license". All you need is a good portfolio. And still a lot of employers, looking for a new employee, say in their "requirements" that age or education "doesn't matter". Sometimes they can give you some test work to see your skills. If you are good you are in! Though now some companies working on western standarts ask for diploma. Wind of changes!
    But you still have chance to get job here without license. You are wellcome!
    Correct my mistakes, please

Почётный участник
    thanks i actually already got my job ..but still cash is not enough to build life ..im still a student anyway ! ..i still have years of education to get to the top ...i just faild in some years of school ...that what made me worried ! ...but im already 'genius' at computers ..that what everyone says ... not my nature to talk about my self..im a good graphic designer too ..i have a hobby to desocver everything by myself ...so i work on 3D Studio Max for five years ! ...but im still Just a smallllll tinnyyy beginner !! . i feel its another world .... endless one ! hope that 'Wind Of Changes' comes soon to my life and everyones life! ..
    - in what country u live ? if in russia cuz i have a dream to go there

Почтенный гражданин
    A college degree is just there so you can proove yourself. You know, show that you can work hard and finish what you start. In econ we looked at a study that showed that none of the classes you take actually help you in your job. You learn everything once you start working.

I think its also a way to weed people out of certain careers. For example if there were too many lawyers then "they" would make it harder to become one. ("They being the people already in the profession trying to preserve their status).

I totally agree with you about the college degree.

Drivers Liscences are just a way for states to make money.

Старший оракул
    I don't think that school is as important as people make it... Well, I'm not saying that I wouldn't do it again if I had to, but I think employers place way too much emphasis on a piece of paper than the skills you have. I went to college for computer science, and I don't use anything (I seriously mean not a single thing) that I learned in College. Everything I do today I taught myself after college.
    -Fantom
    "Alright, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me, so let's just figure this out and I'll get back to killing you with beer."

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    I agree with Biancca. "Woh she said".
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Почётный участник
    i agree with Biancca about college ..and goin to get it ...something in my nature ..i dont like to do things in the regular way ..i dont mean in a weird way too ..pff ...like at school ....its funny ..sometime i try to learn from college book ..!!! waw thats too much ..but people say look after you current class before goin too high ...but its my nature ..even at computer ..i know if my dad or anyone put me in a place to learn programming or graphic desgin ..i wouldnt be better than now ..i know .. ...and that nature is leadin me straight to hell.. or somehow to find a good place to rest in...im not sure

Quote Originally Posted by eMAD
    ..and that nature is leadin me straight to hell..
    You need to take a nice long vacation in... RUSSIA!

Russia will cure all your problems, gauranteed.
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Почётный участник
    u just wait ...im getting money !!! ..
    i wish !

Властелин
    A good school teaches you to educate yourself, and this is the major skill you are acquiring, along with a few basic concepts. A diploma proves that you were able to teach yourself through a number of subjects with more or less success, and it is not completely irrelevant. Just because someone considers himself a programming god or whatever does not mean that he can see a bigger picture or do anything outside his narrow particular ability. And this is where proper education comes in: it gives you more chances to adapt.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

Почётный участник
    well ..i didnt say im a programmin god ..i was learnin programmin then i stopped ...im just a small tiny beginner ..nothing but that ...but i mean ..school today became the thing which chooses you to live of or see hell every moment of ur life !