Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O.J. Simpson...Do Russian know of him?

Re: O.J. Simpson...Do Russian know of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Quote Originally Posted by charlestonian
    . I ain't going to Russian, no way Jose!
    He mentioned one of recent trials on "skinheads". They only agressive to people, who looks non-european - caucasians, africans, asians... If you are not one of them you can feel safe.(This facts from mass-media). Frankly speaking, I never saw a skinhead in my life. I think this is just a media compain for some political reasons.
    I have seen Russian skins on TV...
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

I have seen Russian skins on TV...
    So have I, but never in the real life.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia

I can't recall seeing any skin heads in real life either and I have lived in quite a number of places! It is possible that I have but just don't remember.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT

I can't recall seeing any skin heads in real life either and I have lived in quite a number of places! It is possible that I have but just don't remember.
    You might have seen many skin heads in real life but it simply didn't occur to you that this or that guy was a skin head. Perhaps, many of them tend to hide their membership.
    I've seen a couple of skin heads in real life. I remember having an acquaintance who used to hang around with skin heads and once I saw that acquaintance of mine standing with a guy resembling a skin head very much. I asked my acquaintance later whether the guy I'd seen was a skin head and he said yes.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Back to the subject:

OJ Simpson's book titled "If I did it" is being published. Can you believe it??? That MF has no shame!

www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/1 ... 2613.shtml

THUMBS DOWN TO:

"If I did it"

O.J. Simpson was acquitted of killing his wife and her friend 11 years ago. Now, he returns to the scene of the crime in a tell-all book couched in hypothetical terms. A sweeps-week television program for Fox is also in the works. In the book, Simpson apparently outlines how he would have killed Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman if he were responsible – thus the title. Legal experts say Simpson could likely confess outright and face no repercussions, since he was acquitted and cannot be retried for murder. A separate civil lawsuit found him legally responsible for the deaths.

Predictably, the book stirred intense controversy, prompting publisher Judith Regan to issue a lengthy statement explaining her motives. In it, she compared Simpson’s work to Adolph Hitler’s Mein Kampf, claimed that she, too, was a victim of domestic abuse and said she considered the book Simpson’s "confession." Whatever. If there is justice, this book won’t sell.

New York Daily News - Home - Rupe is in soup with troops
    Simpson's book is being published Nov. 30 by ReganBooks, which is named after its ... this whole controversy wasn't ginned up to produce ratings for Fox. ...
    www.nydailynews.com/front/story/472588p-397610c.html
    Well, I don't know what to say. I want to say thanks to the Academy, to Mama, to Papa and to my dog. I love you all.

Well I've seen 'em. Ever been to a Zenit game, folks? That's the last time I buy the cheaper tickets for a soccer match in Russia!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinka_vinnie
    Well I've seen 'em. Ever been to a Zenit game, folks? That's the last time I buy the cheaper tickets for a soccer match in Russia!
    I've been to soccer matches four times. Haven't had any problems so far.
    kalinka, did you get involved in a fight or did you see a fight during the match? If you don't want to be involved in a fight during a football match or after it, you should have seats closer to the centre of the field.
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    WHSmith

Завсегдатай
    Калинка, похоже, мы каким-то чудом все-таки не отдадим вам третье место...
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Властелин
    Ты про Локо?
    Mark Twain
    WHSmith

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDSanchous
    Ты про Локо?
    Да...

Хотя, кто знает... Может, и продуем дома Ростову
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Властелин
    Я раньше болел за Локо, да и вообще футболом интересовался, а сейчас the novelty wore off... Хотя за новостями слежу.
    Mark Twain
    WHSmith

kalinka, did you get involved in a fight or did you see a fight during the match? If you don't want to be involved in a fight during a football match or after it, you should have seats closer to the centre of the field.
    LOL! No, I don't get involved in fights, not my cup of tea. I didn't see any fights, but it could have been because around 400 policemen came and surrounded the tribunes! Yeah, as I said, I am not buying cheap tickets no more!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

Властелин
    [quote=kalinka_vinnie]
    Quote Originally Posted by "kalinka_vinnie":3n90qkzq
    LOL! No, I don't get involved in fights, not my cup of tea. I didn't see any fights, but it could have been because around 400 policemen came and surrounded the tribunes! Yeah, as I said, I am not buying cheap tickets no more![/quote:3n90qkzq]
    So why are you not buying cheap tickets anymore? In Russia it is common for the police to surround the stands. Although we are still lucky not to have fans like in Argentina. Recently I saw a news report from that country about the fights taking place on Argentinian soccer fields. Fans run onto the fields during the games and try to stab the referee to death with a knife. I wouldn't dare to go to a soccer match in Argentina even I was offered a lot of money!
    Mark Twain
    WHSmith

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly
    I was a little surprised not to hear more responses. THe case of OJ was the most dramatic court trial in American history for a number of reasons, other than what I stated earlier as a travesty of justice and the judicial system.
    Wasn't that happening at about the same time as the constitutional crisis in Russia with the parliament building bombarded and stormed? Or the Chechen war? I forgot. No Siriusly, I lived in the US at the moment, and even I didn't follow. The Bill Clinton's bj mystery was a blast though, a real human drama. That can only be topped by the Tom Cruise's wedding.

My point, Siriusly, (just to make sure) is that in the 90's Russians had a lot more to worry about than some stupid football player from the US, not everything revolves around american celebrities.
    I've got a TV, and I'm not afraid to use it

The latest news: Due to public pressure, OJ Simpson's book will not be published, and all promotions have been canceled! Thanks God!

Banned
    The latest news: Due to public pressure, OJ Simpson's book will not be published, and all promotions have been canceled! Thanks God!
    http://lenta.ru/news/2006/11/21/cancel/

Banned

... I ain't going to Russia, no way Jose!
    Опасность исходит от молодёжных нацистских и фанатских группировок. http://www.newsru.com/russia/31oct2005/ubit.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    ...Frankly speaking, I never saw a skinhead in my life. I think this is just a media compain for some political reasons.
    А по-моему это реальное и довольно распространённое явление. Волчат много. А иностранные студенты спасаются кто как может. Кто шарфик зенитовский повяжет, кто носит в кармане запись приветствия на русском языке.

Quote Originally Posted by Юрка
    ... I ain't going to Russia, no way Jose!
    Опасность исходит от молодёжных нацистских и фанатских группировок. http://www.newsru.com/russia/31oct2005/ubit.html
    OMG! What is going on in Russia???

Banned

OMG! What is going on in Russia???
    Свобода и демократия, мать её за ногу. Сначала все рванули из "империи" (СССР) вон, так как без России лучше. Потом все рванули в Россию зарабатывать. Бывшие республики не просят, а требуют льготных цен на газ. Запад учит нас жить и попутно растаскивает Югославию на кусочки. Чечены подняли мятеж. Миллионы приезжих, меняется культурная и языковая среда. У мигрантов появляется монополия на некоторые виды деятельности. Далее поднимает голову нацизм со всеми вытекающими последствиями.
    http://www.gaude.ru/default.asp?id=20&artid=1031
    http://www.login.gorodovoy.spb.ru/rus/n ... 5170.shtml

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast