Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by capecoddah View Post
    diogen_°,
    I bet the Rockmomanov girls will do well.
    $20 says they can cook more than 4 different meals.
    $20 more says they can separate Dark, White and Delicate wash.

If I lose (and I won't) I'll donate the $ to my local library. Katzner Dictionary....

Hmmm you talk in riddles, man.

No denying, her girls can do everything you mentioned with ease, and impersonate ultimate chastity, probity, sobriety, integrity, and filial piety to boot.))) At least, I won't bet my bottom dollar to challenge it. But how's it all tied up with my “freshman 15” question?

Quote Originally Posted by capecoddah View Post
    diogen_°,
    I bet the Rockmomanov girls will do well.
    $20 says they can cook more than 4 different meals.
    $20 more says they can separate Dark, White and Delicate wash.

If I lose (and I won't) I'll donate the $ to my local library. Katzner Dictionary....
    hahahahaha... well you have to split it! The older one... she already knows that she needs to marry a rich man as she needs to have a servant and a cook as she would rather not eat than get up and cook something. She won't even make tea for herself. She knows how to boil water and that is about it. Now, the younger one, who is graduating a year early (so the older one is hoping she will go to the same college with her and will wait on her hand and foot) she can cook and bake up a storm and do the laundry. She even makes eggs for her dad and sister and she doesn't even like them!

As for the Freshman 15, that has does have a little to do with it. I think if you don't know how to cook and have not really experienced "good" food, than you tend to put on the weight. I know my mom did not cook at all when I was growing up and as a result neither my sister nor I knew how to cook. My sister packed on those pounds at school as it was the first time she had decent FOOD on a regular basis.

Once I got out into the "real" world I started ordering appetizers just so I could try so many different things to see if I liked them. I found that things my parents had cooked and I hated, I actually liked. When I got to New York, I worked in an Italian restaurant and the owner was really nice about cooking special foods for me just so I could try them and he wasn't upset if I didn't like them. Those lesson helped me as a mom when I tried to teach my girls about trying new foods.
    Lampada likes this.
    I only speak two languages, English and bad English.
    Check out the MasterRussian Music Playlist
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

As I mentioned, Duke and Chapel Hill are big college basketball teams. One of the nights that we were there Duke was playing basketball so we went to get some pizza to go from a place were the college kids hang out to watch the away games. The area is Brightleaf Square

As you can see, there are over 25 TV screens around the place!!!

I found this video online about the place, Satisfaction of Durham:

We stayed at the Washington Duke Inn and Golf Club, which is right across the road from Duke University.

This is the view from our hotel room!

These are the gates to the entrance of Duke:

Right after you get through the gates is the News and Communications Office: It works with the news media and others to highlight the activities of Duke's faculty, students and staff, both locally and throughout the world.

Once thing about North Carolina, they do like their glass in their buildings! Here is the Law Building at Duke:

Lampada likes this.
    Click here for list of Russian films with English subtitles and links to watch them.

Duke is known for it's 55-acre Sarah P. Duke Gardens. It reminded me of a mini New York Central Park as it was right in the middle of the campus and all the students were there and also people from the area were there with their children.

Inside the visitor/library center

Lampada likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12