Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Calandra
  • 1 Post By Calandra

Thread: London UK - author seeks advice on Russian culture/ reader for book

Новичок

London UK - author seeks advice on Russian culture/ reader for book

Hi,
    I am a published author of women's fiction/romance novels in London UK. My new book which will be published in September 2018 has as a main character a 38-year old Russian pianist who has been living in the UK since 2000, and before that in Russia. He also has various Russian friends/family members.

I have already got some very helpful advice on names, etc from this forum. It would be nice to meet up with someone in London who was interested in my project and giving some advice on the Russian cultural references, etc to make the book more authentic, avoid cliches, etc. There would be an attribution/acknowledgement for this, and possibly some payment, to be discussed. It wouldn't require a great deal of time, but would require someone to read the book.

Thanks for your help, and whether I find someone or not, I'm sure I will have a number of questions for the forum.

All best,
    Calandra
    Anna Veresk likes this.

Новичок

New book and playlist

MOONLIGHT-1(medium).jpg
    Hi! I joined the forum back in March to get some help on writing a Russian character in my latest novel. I want to thank everyone who helped answer my questions back then.

I'm happy to announce that the book is now out! It is called "Moonlight on the Thames" by Lauren Westwood, published by Aria Fiction. The Russian character is called Dmitri, and he is a former concert pianist with a secret.

The blurb is below. There is also a playlist of the classical music mentioned in the book on Spotify. The book is available on Amazon Kindle, Kobo, GooglePlay, and iBooks. (And right now, it's only 99p on amazon!)

Thanks again to those who helped me out, and I hope you enjoy the book.

All best, Calandra

amazon link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moonlight-T...+on+the+thames

Playlist link: laurenwestwood | PLAYLIST

Book blurb:
    Worlds collide when two strangers meet at Waterloo station. It's a moment they'll never forget.

Christmas is a joyous time, but not everyone is merry and bright. Nicola is a rising star at the top of the corporate ladder, but her personal life is a disaster. Her office affair has lost its allure, and the last thing she wants to think about is Christmas. A night of cancelled trains and festive Christmas carols at Waterloo Station is just about the last straw...

Dmitri loves conducting his pop-up choir during the festive season, meeting people, and spreading joy and cheer around London. But he carries deep secrets from his past that robbed him of his dream to become a concert pianist.

Can their hearts and souls be unlocked by music and moonlight and will they discover the healing power of love?

fairytale-skyline.jpg
    Alex80 likes this.