Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Just a new user presenting himself

  1. #1
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Финляндия
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    9

    Just a new user presenting himself

    Привет!

    I finally received the activation e-mail that I had been waiting for ages, so I just decided to introduce myself here. I'm Visa, a Finnish 18-year-old. I know Finnish, English, and Swedish, and have now been studying Russian for a year.

    По-русски, если я могу:

    Меня зовут Виса. Я из фнляндии; мне восемнадцать лет. Я говорю по-финнски, по-английски, по-шведски и маленько по-русски. Я изучаю русский язык один год.

    That's something I tried to write without a словарь.

    I started studying Russian a bit late and should take the Finnish matriculation exam in it in one year, so I thought maybe participating in this forum might help.

    Nice to be here!
    I'm but a beginner in Russian, so please correct me.
    However, I'm supposed to be good in English, so if you correct me there, I become very angry! Grr!
    And if you, for some reason, need help in Finnish, I'm glad to help.

  2. #2
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,437
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Just a new user presenting himself

    Welcome, Visa! There are almost no mistakes in your Russian.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmDii

    Меня зовут Виса. Я из финляндии; мне восемнадцать лет. Я говорю по-финнски, по-английски, по-шведски и немного по-русски. Я изучаю русский язык один год.
    "Happy new year, happy new year
    May we all have a vision now and then
    Of a world where every neighbour is a friend"

  3. #3
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    I'm sorry, but we don't take Visa here -- only Mastercard and American Express.
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  4. #4
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Almaty (former Alma-Ata), Kazakhstan
    Posts
    920
    Rep Power
    10
    Hello, Visa!

    Don't mind Бармалей - he can only think about money.

    And despite Friendy corrected you, you can also say "маленько по-русски" but it is informal and colloquial.
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

  5. #5
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Финляндия
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    9
    Спасибо!

    I'm quite used to my name being mocked. Visa is however an ancient Finnish name referring to visakoivu, a type of birch.

    Хорошо to hear to that my Russian is, eh, жороший. I've been practising it pretty intensively, but I'm still far away from what they expect in the exam I'm to take.

    I hasn't been that hard a language so far; the biggest annoyance is that you don't know where the accent is in a word. Really annoying, and makes it hard to try to read anything authentic.
    I'm but a beginner in Russian, so please correct me.
    However, I'm supposed to be good in English, so if you correct me there, I become very angry! Grr!
    And if you, for some reason, need help in Finnish, I'm glad to help.

  6. #6
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Just a new user presenting himself

    Quote Originally Posted by EmDii
    Я говорю по-фински
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  7. #7
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    1,786
    Rep Power
    10
    Welcome

  8. #8
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Novosibirsk
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    10
    Tervetuloa!

  9. #9
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Serving Polonium-flavoured Sake at a London Japanese Restaurant
    Posts
    2,662
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by EmDii
    Спасибо!

    I'm quite used to my name being mocked. Visa is however an ancient Finnish name referring to visakoivu, a type of birch.
    What does "koivu" mean then -- "tree" maybe? Saku Koivu?
    Заранее благодарю всех за исправление ошибок в моём русском.

  10. #10
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Виса, добро пожаловать на форум! Само собой, этот форум тебе поможет во многом.

    Финляндия - это прикольно. Я никогда не знакомился ни с кем из Финляндии.

  11. #11
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Финляндия
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Бармалей
    What does "koivu" mean then -- "tree" maybe? Saku Koivu?
    Koivu means a birch too; visakoivu is a certain "type" of it. Yes, Saku Koivu, exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by detail
    Tervetuloa!
    Kiitos.



    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Виса, добро пожаловать на форум! Само собой, этот форум тебе поможет во многом.

    Спасибо!

    Финляндия - это прикольно. Я никогда не знакомился ни с кем из Финляндии.

    Не знаю, что я понимал. Я не могу отвечать.
    So did you say that you have never met anyone from Finland?
    (I wonder why there are three negatives there?)

    В Финляндии живут много русскую народу, а Финляндия маленькая, так что мы не многие в загранице.
    I'm but a beginner in Russian, so please correct me.
    However, I'm supposed to be good in English, so if you correct me there, I become very angry! Grr!
    And if you, for some reason, need help in Finnish, I'm glad to help.

  12. #12
    JJ
    JJ is offline
    Властелин
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ural, Russia
    Posts
    1,390
    Rep Power
    12
    Превед кагдила!
    Gib immer 100% bei der Arbeit: 12% am Montag, 23% am Dienstag, 40% am Mittwoch, 20% am Donnerstag, 5% am Freitag ...

  13. #13
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    On 19 June, 1980
    Posts
    980
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by EmDii
    So did you say that you have never met anyone from Finland?
    (I wonder why there are three negatives there?)
    Thats exactly what he meant!!!
    Basurero is a well-done!!! He used 3 negotiations absolutely correct!!!

  14. #14
    Увлечённый спикер
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Финляндия
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuvak
    Basurero is a well-done!!! He used 3 negotiations absolutely correct!!!
    I guess I'll understand this someday.
    I'm but a beginner in Russian, so please correct me.
    However, I'm supposed to be good in English, so if you correct me there, I become very angry! Grr!
    And if you, for some reason, need help in Finnish, I'm glad to help.

  15. #15
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Сварга
    Posts
    1,391
    Rep Power
    12
    А я подумала, что виса - это стихотворение, типа эпиграммы

  16. #16
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,216
    Rep Power
    13
    Хмм, мне кажется, виса - это слово имеет разные значения в разных языках. Может быть и кредитной карточкой и тем, что нужно для того, чтобы посетить другую страну. По словам Индры, это тип стихотворения, и конечно, не забывайте, что это также финляндкское имя!

  17. #17
    Завсегдатай
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Russland
    Posts
    9,882
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Хмм, мне кажется, виса - это слово имеет разные значения в разных языках. Может быть и кредитной карточкой и тем, что нужно для того, чтобы посетить другую страну. По словам Индры, это тип стихотворения, и конечно, не забывайте, что это также финское имя!
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

  18. #18
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Сварга
    Posts
    1,391
    Rep Power
    12
    Я сейчас пошукала по интернету - действительно, стихотворение в поэзии скальдов.

  19. #19
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Just a new user presenting himself

    Quote Originally Posted by EmDii
    Привет!
    По-русски, если я могу:

    Меня зовут Виса. Я из фнляндии; мне восемнадцать лет. Я говорю по-финнски, по-английски, по-шведски и маленько по-русски. Я изучаю русский язык один год.

    Welcome Visa! That's cute!
    Не плюй в колодец, пригодится водицы, напиться.

  20. #20
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Residing in an unknown place
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Power
    11
    Добро пожаловать на форум, Виса!

    Indra, честно говоря, я бы сказал, пошушукала по. Ты просто пропустила "шу" или это я просто не знаю такого слова?
    "A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read"
    Mark Twain
    American author/essayist (1835-1910)
    WHSmith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help to answer user questions in lessons
    By MasterAdmin in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 19th, 2009, 04:49 AM
  2. User titles
    By GreenLarry in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: August 17th, 2008, 01:32 PM
  3. Anticipating the 10000th user :)
    By Ramil in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: May 12th, 2007, 03:35 PM
  4. new user
    By in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 13th, 2006, 12:39 AM
  5. New user! Please help translate this. I'd appreciate it!
    By baby-ortsa in forum Translate This!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2006, 02:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary