Thread: I want to cook a Russian dish for my birthday!

I want to cook a Russian dish for my birthday!

What is a good Russian dessert, or drink to make for me and my family on my up and coming birthday?

I looked up recipes at a website, and im not sure if the recipes I wrote down are Russian. I wrote down one recipe that sounded good-Berry Kissel. Is it a Russian dessert/drink?

If not, or if you know something better, could you please leave me a recipe? I like rasberries, cranberries, blackberries, etc... I like sweet things. Could you please leave me any sweet recipes that would also not be too bad for my health? Like something with fruits of vegetables? (vegetables can be sweet!)

Почтенный гражданин
    Торонто (столица мира), Канадская Советская Социалистическая Республика (КССР)

Re: I want to cook a Russian dish for my birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by YuliaVolkovaFan
    What is a good Russian dessert, or drink to make for me and my family on my up and coming birthday?

I looked up recipes at a website, and im not sure if the recipes I wrote down are Russian. I wrote down one recipe that sounded good-Berry Kissel. Is it a Russian dessert/drink?

If not, or if you know something better, could you please leave me a recipe? I like rasberries, cranberries, blackberries, etc... I like sweet things. Could you please leave me any sweet recipes that would also not be too bad for my health? Like something with fruits of vegetables? (vegetables can be sweet!)
    Borsch.
    "С чий очи сънувам, чий е този лик обречен?
    Смъртен глас ми се причува и отеква с вик далечен
    Как да зърна да погледна, чуждий образ да прегърна,
    на лицето ми студено грях в надежда да превърна.."

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeed

Borsch.
    Does it have meat? I am a vegetarian.

Завсегдатай
    You can cook it without meat, using vegetable broth. But it's not a dessert, and it's not sweet.
    Try a couple of simple desserts from this post:
    http://masterrussian.net/mforum/viewtop ... 554#182554

There are also other suggestions you may find useful.

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    You can cook it without meat, using vegetable broth. But it's not a dessert, and it's not sweet.
    Try a couple of simple desserts from this post:
    http://masterrussian.net/mforum/viewtop ... 554#182554

There are also other suggestions you may find useful.
    The baked apples sounds good!
    Thank you!

Завсегдатай
    Thank you!
    You're welcome. Note that it may take less than 15 minutes to bake apples. It depends on their size. And the berries/sugar proportion is a matter of taste. Just experiment a little.

If you don't like the apples (some people don't like them ) try Multilayered kissel. I think it's tasty. I've never tryied it though, but maybe I will.

Good luck.

Завсегдатай

Quote Originally Posted by Yazeed

Borsch.
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».

Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka
    Thank you!
    You're welcome. Note that it may take less than 15 minutes to bake apples. It depends on their size. And the berries/sugar proportion is a matter of taste. Just experiment a little.

If you don't like the apples (some people don't like them ) try Multilayered kissel. I think it's tasty. I've never tryied it though, but maybe I will.

Good luck.
    Okay, I wrote this recipe down too, at this link, http://www.ruscuisine.com/cooking-re...e=433&offset=0, do you think that it would be nice?