Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Google Moon

  1. #1
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    10

    Google Moon

    I just love google, here is just current:

    4. Is Google Moon a result of your Copernicus initiative?

    Glad you asked, and yes, the development of our lunar hosting and research center continues apace. We usually don’t announce future products in advance, but in this case, yes, we can confirm that on July 20th, 2069, in honor of the 100th anniversary of mankind’s first manned lunar landing, Google will fully integrate Google Local search capabilities into Google Moon, which will allow our users to quickly find lunar business addresses, numbers and hours of operation, among other valuable forms of Moon-oriented local information.
    And this I found myself:
    Go to Google.com, click on Moon banner, you will see picture of moon with points where Appollo's landed. Zoom in to maximum. Enjoy, but do not laugh too laud.
    DO NOT READ MY SIGNATURE!

  2. #2
    Почётный участник Moongazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Аризона
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    11
    Very interesting . . . and those images would suit my avatar nicely!
    If only you could see . . . what I have seen, with your eyes.

  3. #3
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    Ah, so it is true. The moon landings were faked!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  4. #4
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Ah, so it is true. The moon landings were faked!
    you are a man of surprises, how you can believe in all that bull$hit? Bible, not landing on the moon etc?
    DO NOT READ MY SIGNATURE!

  5. #5
    Старший оракул
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    c:\earth\usa\minnesota
    Posts
    819
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioner
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Ah, so it is true. The moon landings were faked!
    you are a man of surprises, how you can believe in all that bull$hit? Bible, not landing on the moon etc?
    If we are talking about bull$h1t, let us not forget evolution.

  6. #6
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    10
    saibot, you really consider the theory of evolution bull$h1t??

    You think people who believe in evolution and people who believe the moon landings were faked are no better than each other?? Or do you think it's more reasonable to believe the moon landings were faked than to believe the theory of evolution?

    DDT, just out of interest, what's your theory on the Kennedy assassination? do you believe Oswald acted alone? (I'm not interested in launching a totally off-topic debate in this thread, just curious... you don't have to answer if you think it's totally irrelevant)

  7. #7
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Матун-Чарлстон, Иллинойс.
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    10
    GAH! Stop arguing!!!! We could make a post about *%$#ing Rainbow Bright and you could turn that into an argument about abortion, or more fitting gay rights.
    I come to represent and carve my name within your chest.

  8. #8
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphyr
    saibot, you really consider the theory of evolution bull$h1t??

    You think people who believe in evolution and people who believe the moon landings were faked are no better than each other?? Or do you think it's more reasonable to believe the moon landings were faked than to believe the theory of evolution?

    DDT, just out of interest, what's your theory on the Kennedy assassination? do you believe Oswald acted alone? (I'm not interested in launching a totally off-topic debate in this thread, just curious... you don't have to answer if you think it's totally irrelevant)
    Sheesh! I was just kidding! You don't really think that I would think that the Lunar Landings were faked because I just found out the moon was made of cheese after looking at Pioner's link, do you?

    Kennedy Assasination: Don't know. But I am sure one of thing; that the US Government hides stuff from us. After living in the remote deserts of the American West I did see some type of "Black Operation" going on before my very eyes on two occasions and what's more I was not alone so I know I was not crazy.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  9. #9
    Подающий надежды оратор
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    на севере
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerHappyJack
    GAH! Stop arguing!!!! We could make a post about *%$#ing Rainbow Bright and you could turn that into an argument about abortion, or more fitting gay rights.


    DDT - of course the government hides things from the public. You don't think that would really make national announcements of some new bomb they're making or a new type of biological weapon, or whatever else. Every single government is the same, not just the US.

    About the Kennedy assassination, there was actually this really interesting show I watched on TV about it. They used computers to restructure the who incident, which angle the bullet came from and everything. Did anyone else see it?

    If you ask me, I think the US should have been developing safer space shuttles rather than being concerned over who made it to the moon first.

  10. #10
    Почётный участник
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphyr
    saibot, you really consider the theory of evolution bull$h1t??

    You think people who believe in evolution and people who believe the moon landings were faked are no better than each other?? Or do you think it's more reasonable to believe the moon landings were faked than to believe the theory of evolution?

    DDT, just out of interest, what's your theory on the Kennedy assassination? do you believe Oswald acted alone? (I'm not interested in launching a totally off-topic debate in this thread, just curious... you don't have to answer if you think it's totally irrelevant)
    Sheesh! I was just kidding! You don't really think that I would think that the Lunar Landings were faked because I just found out the moon was made of cheese after looking at Pioner's link, do you?

    Kennedy Assasination: Don't know. But I am sure one of thing; that the US Government hides stuff from us. After living in the remote deserts of the American West I did see some type of "Black Operation" going on before my very eyes on two occasions and what's more I was not alone so I know I was not crazy.
    Ok, DDT, that's fine. I was just checking for a pattern I've just had arguments with people before about these issues and found the same people who doubt evolution, often doubt the moon landings and believe in one or other conspiracy theory surrounding the Kennedy assassination.

    I also kinda use the Kennedy assassination as an acid test. People who absolutely insist they know there was conspiracy surrounding it, I don't take too seriously. Believing the US government hides stuff is fine though. So you passed!

    Ok, anyone who feels tempted to argue with me about the Kennedy assassination, please just forget I mentioned it. I haven't the time for this. I really need to spend more time studying vocabulary

  11. #11
    Почётный участник Moongazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Аризона
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    But I am sure one of thing; that the US Government hides stuff from us
    There's credibile evidence to this. In 1985, a very close friend of mine lived in a small town in California (in the Mojave desert) after she moved here from the UK. On a number of occasions, she witnessed a strange aircraft cruising around the skies not too far above the ground - close enough to observe details of the aircraft during it's flight. It resembled a giant, black boomerang, almost triangular, which flew quietly as it maneuvered over the desert. It was the F-117A Stealth fighter, and during that same time - the government was completely denying it's existence.
    If only you could see . . . what I have seen, with your eyes.

  12. #12
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    They are still denying what I saw.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  13. #13
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphyr

    Ok, DDT, that's fine. I was just checking for a pattern
    I don't blame you for checking! I have been know to known to share an opinion or two with certain borderline whacko's, unfortunately.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

  14. #14
    Завсегдатай kalinka_vinnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Sunnyvale, Cali
    Posts
    5,771
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Moongazer

    There's credibile evidence to this. In 1985, a very close friend of mine lived in a small town in California (in the Mojave desert) after she moved here from the UK. On a number of occasions, she witnessed a strange aircraft cruising around the skies not too far above the ground - close enough to observe details of the aircraft during it's flight. It resembled a giant, black boomerang, almost triangular, which flew quietly as it maneuvered over the desert. It was the F-117A Stealth fighter, and during that same time - the government was completely denying it's existence.
    With good reason!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

  15. #15
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    On the ice
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    They are still denying what I saw.
    You're not going to tell us, are you...

  16. #16
    DDT
    DDT is offline
    Завсегдатай DDT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm back now! ....nope Im gone again!
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    14
    It would probably not go well for me here on this forum, if I told.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Similar Threads

  1. Google Translation?
    By Тоби in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 18th, 2006, 02:19 AM
  2. google word of the day
    By Lt. Columbo in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 1st, 2006, 01:25 PM
  3. Harvest Moon
    By Ramil in forum Learn English - Грамматика, переводы, словарный запас
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM
  4. To google?
    By Бармалей in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: March 12th, 2006, 10:30 AM
  5. Google launches Google Talk (Voice/IM system)
    By Mea Culpa in forum Penpals and Language Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 24th, 2005, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary