Thread: Ded Moroz

Почтенный гражданин

Ded Moroz

Hi, I would like to portray Father Frost at a University Russian Language course. I have the long white beard (and do play Santa Claus here); but I'd like to know what color costume to wear, what it should look like, words to say... It would be really nice if I could learn (and then teach) a Russian Christmas song to the class (anyone know where I can find words, music, and maybe hear the song on line????). In America Santa Claus might hand out candy canes, what treat might Ded Moroz give out? If anyone can help me out - I'd greatly appreciate it! Spacibo! Ded Moroz ( Haksaw )
    Не балуй!

Завсегдатай

Re: Ded Moroz

«Отличия Деда Мороза от Санта-Клауса»

This one will settle all basic questions you might have. Be ready to encounter lots of Russian... and bad treatment of Santa Claus! Don't hesitate to ask for clarification if you find something difficult to understand.

You could also take a look at "Morozko" film for the looks of Morozko and his behaviour:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DmcVutgeVk (the first part, but you can easily find all the others there)
    «И всё, что сейчас происходит внутре — тоже является частью вселенной».