Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Breaking News + Just the News + Photos of the Day

Дерьмо случается, увы. Определенно, какой-нибудь вредитель мог бы здорово подзаработать на саботаже запуска системы, аналогичной американскому GPS. Или может он даже вредит из принципа, чтобы Путину нагадить, есть и такие психи. Однако, чтобы прямо заявлять о существовании такого, нужно его найти. Иначе все это лишь демагогия.
    Lampada and Eledhwen like this.

Banned
    Я и говорил, что это предположение.
    К слову: если там что-то произошло с топливными или окислительными магистралями — это одно. А вот как в прошлый раз — залить в разгонный блок «Бриз-М» лишние полторы тонны (!) окислителя — это совсем другое.

Banned
    Universiade in Kazan starts. Opening cerenony: 06.07.2013, 21:40 msk.
    Online translations:
    http://russia.tv/
    http://rutv.ru/live/
    http://live.russia.tv/index/index/channel_id/1

Added online version:
    Last edited by Eledhwen; July 7th, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Banned
    Я рассматриваю это как репетицию к Зимней Олимпиаде 2014.

Banned
    Поздравляю всех с праздником Ивана Купалы.
    Мира и счастья в ваши дома.
    Hanna likes this.

Banned
    Жуткая авария: неуправляемый грузовик протаранил автобус с людьми.
    Жертвами (по обновленной информации) крупного ДТП в Новой Москве с участием рейсового автобуса и грузовика стали 18 человек, в том числе один ребенок. Пострадали еще 39 человека, среди них двое детей.
    Вести.Ru: Неуправляемый грузовик протаранил автобус с людьми. Запись видеорегистратора

"...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Уровень воды в Амуре возле Хабаровска за сутки поднялся на 7 см и достиг 797 см

Наш МастерАдмин там в составе медицинской бригады помогает пострадавшим.

"...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

That's some really epic flooding! I thought it was going to peak August 23 but now they say not till Thursday. I hope people can get away from the danger and stay safe till it's over.
    Water Level in Amur River Near Khabarovsk to Peak This Week | Russia | RIA Novosti

Quote Originally Posted by UhOhXplode View Post
    That's some really epic flooding! I thought it was going to peak August 23 but now they say not till Thursday. I hope people can get away from the danger and stay safe till it's over.
    Water Level in Amur River Near Khabarovsk to Peak This Week | Russia | RIA Novosti
    The flood itself is not the biggest problem. The real problem is that winter is pretty harsh in the region and usually comes quite early. Hundreds of houses are ruined and thousands are not suitable for living after they got flooded. People will not get drown but they will definetely freeze! There is no time left to build new houses or even properly repair the damaged ones!
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Hanna
    Do you think most of them own the houses, and have insurance, or what is the setup? Are they renting?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil77 View Post
    The flood itself is not the biggest problem. The real problem is that winter is pretty harsh in the region and usually comes quite early. Hundreds of houses are ruined and thousands are not suitable for living after they got flooded. People will not get drown but they will definetely freeze! There is no time left to build new houses or even properly repair the damaged ones!
    I didn't think about that. It was 100*F (38*C) yesterday and we almost never went below freezing last winter. We still had some flowers outside on Christmas day. And we didn't get any snow.
    Okay, so I checked out the weather and daylight issues. And modular housing.
    10 Day Weather Forecast for Khabarovsk - weather.com
    Sunrise and Sunset for Russia – Khabarovsk – September 2013
    Modular building - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If there's a company in Russia that makes modular housing sections, a small modular house can be constructed in 10 days. The next 10 days in Khabarovsk there's no rain in the forecast and the highs will be around 70*F (21*C) with lows around 55*F (13*C).
    The government needs to get a rescue effort moving fast to setup modular relief shelters for those people cause it would still take time to ship the materials.
    People have used modular housing, in relief efforts, when time was critical.
    Another possibility is mobile homes.

I would even suggest an International Disaster Relief organization but they are unbelievably slow. We had a disaster here in December 2007. Trees were falling everywhere and one almost hit our house. We lost our power for a whole week and we had to chop up wood just to cook. The Federal Disaster team didn't get here till spring and we already had all the trees moved and chopped up!
    They got here tons faster last spring for all the tornado damage so maybe they just don't like working in the winter.
    Lampada likes this.

Are there the data how mobile homes do at -40*C?
    I doubt it's possible to survive in them. Anyway, we don't have them.
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Quote Originally Posted by maxmixiv View Post
    Are there the data how mobile homes do at -40*C?
    I doubt it's possible to survive in them. Anyway, we don't have them.
    -40*C? That's scary! I think the coldest weather I've seen was maybe -9*C. Yeah, a mobile home wouldn't work cause they are made of metal. But they do have modular homes that can work. Here's one example:
    Arctic Mobile Unit Keeps North Pole Visitors Warm | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building

That's a small one for the North Pole but they probably make them larger too.

Старший оракул
    -9*C is considered here to be a warm winter weather
    I live in the middle part of the European Russia, it is not Siberia, and we do not have extremely cold winters here. So, -40*C is very-very rare, but theoretically can happen. The normal winter temperatures in my area are -15*C - -20*C. When it comes above -10*C, it's warm already
    We can have a few weeks (in total) per a winter period with temperatures below -20*C, and -30*C is really cold.
    And it's very rare when we have below -30*C, but sometimes we do. 2-3 years ago we had -39*C in January, it was the lowest point per the recent decade as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Do you think most of them own the houses, and have insurance, or what is the setup? Are they renting?
    In Russia 90% of population own their houses or flats and don't have insurance. Renting is widespread only in big cities but still it's not more than 10-15% of flats. The rest are owned by people.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77 View Post
    In Russia 90% of population own their houses or flats and don't have insurance. Renting is widespread only in big cities but still it's not more than 10-15% of flats. The rest are owned by people.
    It took me 30 minutes to get one, so it's very fast and easy, just about 1000 - 1200 rub. for minimum 1 year insurance. When the flat is new people tend to get insurance, if it's old, yes, often they don't think about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast