Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Belarus and foreign websites

Увлечённый спикер
    To be on topic: what the Belarussian posted seems to indicate an accurate assessment but to deny restrictions and the procedures used doesn't imply tight government control?

So, you have to live there or have visited for a week to be able to offer constructive criticism or have any justified opinion? So, no one here can criticize or analyse any other country's state of affairs or politics, okay? Those political discussions will be fun.

Belarus has 1% unemployment and Ukraine has 15%. So, Belarus is more successful at providing employment for its citizens. What does that mean? I really laugh at how ppl here make conclusions.

It is scary that amount of propaganda these countries are able to organize and implement when one considers the thinking of citizens, if you ask me. So, which country is worse and which one is 'innocent?' These seems to be the thought process. But, I remind myself that the majority here are left-wingers and are pro-Soviet or anything that is of a similar mindset. Then, I can have it explained without much evaluation.

Hanna
    Honestly, Pavelov, I can't be bothered to argue with you. If you want to believe a bunch of nonsense propaganda, be my guest. I just hope you never join the US army or become a politician dealing with foreign policies, that's all.

In the meantime, some sensible & clever Americans have sussed out that there is more than enough going on inside the borders of their own country for them to worry about. (Let the Belarussians take care of their own problems)

This is how seriously sensible Americans take the SOPA act, which is another step towards locking down the internet for Americans and others in the "free world". All in the name of freedom, democracy and human rights of course! Double speak has truly started...

Today, the Wikipedia community announced its decision to black out the English-language Wikipedia for 24 hours, worldwide, beginning at 05:00 UTC on Wednesday, January 18 (you can read the statement from the Wikimedia Foundation here). The blackout is a protest against proposed legislation in the United States — the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the U.S. House of Representatives, and the PROTECT IP Act (PIPA) in the U.S. Senate — that, if passed, would seriously damage the free and open Internet, including Wikipedia.

This will be the first time the English Wikipedia has ever staged a public protest of this nature, and it’s a decision that wasn’t lightly made. Here’s how it’s been described by the three Wikipedia administrators who formally facilitated the community’s discussion. From the public statement.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123