Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apollo hoax

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Moongazer
    If the moon landings were a hoax, then the 29 astronauts who travelled to the moon during every one of those Apollo missions must be damn good at BS'ing and keeping secrets for the past 30+ years.
    Just look at that guy who hid watergate for the past 30+ years? Its not that hard is it?

These are the same people who say that the US Gov't flew airplanes into the WTC and used explosives to collapse the buildings, and that a US Missile hit the Pentagon.
    No, these arn't the same people, Looks like you're the paraniod one.

I just don't always believe everything i see. I like the view from the fence just fine.
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почтенный гражданин

Cool dudes.

If I am not mistaken, Russia celebrates holidays such as "air fleet day" and a lot of armed forces days; not to mention "oil day- масленица"?
    My point was simple...politicians, everywhere, seize every opportunity to take adavantage of every political opportunity, so why has not a single American politician not grabbed the "clear and obvious" opportunity for self-promotion to create and celebrate a "First Man on the Moon Day"?
    DO IT YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly
    Americans celebrate almost every conceivable event such as; Labor Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, tax day, Halloween day, etc; why do we not formally celebrate accomplishment of undoubtedly the greatest technological achievement of mandkind, ever?? .
    What do you think?

so why has not a single American politician not grabbed the "clear and obvious" opportunity for self-promotion to create and celebrate a "First Man on the Moon Day"?
    Because such a holiday would never generate the kind of commercial revenue as any of those mentioned (OK, ‘tax day’ would be the exception) . . . like say, Valentine’s Day. Ouch. Sorry romantics, but it’s true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy182
    Just look at that guy who hid watergate for the past 30+ years? Its not that hard is it?
    Point taken. But just maybe – maybe, it wasn't that hard for William Mark Felt Sr., (aka, Deep Throat) to conceal his secret identity for 30+ years - until 2005. He was an elusive type who just had the knack, and he was brilliant at it.

It's quite a task, if not a major b*tch, to enforce a group of former astronauts (including ground support) who flew on Apollo missions (after Armstrong & Co) . . . to elaborately, consistently lie to friends and family - over a span of so many years. Actually, that’s more unrealistic than the Apollo missions and moon landings conspirators hold in suspicion and criticize.
    If only you could see . . . what I have seen, with your eyes.

Завсегдатай
    If the moon landings were a hoax, then the 29 astronauts who travelled to the moon during every one of those Apollo missions must be damn good at BS'ing and keeping secrets for the past 30+ years.
    29? Try thousands of people who all worked on the project. Out of all these people don't you think at least one person would have blown the whistle and leaked it? It is amazing that they went to the moon, and I can hardly believe it myself, but then again so are a lot of things (eg the 747 which just flew over my house).

Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    29? Try thousands of people who all worked on the project. Out of all these people don't you think at least one person would have blown the whistle and leaked it?
    Very true, and I certainly don't exlude them. My friend's father was an engineer involved in the Apollo missions.

Почтенный гражданин
    So what if the astronauts actually believed they were on the moon but it was just Arizona?

My girlfriend has the type of laser you speak of (she's a physicist) but I'm pretty sure she will not allow me to take it outside and point it at the sky.

Почтенный гражданин

when facts fail, try common sense

Here is another approach. an experiment that those of you out there who are teachers might try, out of curiosity. If you should ask a typical USA high school class: "Who was the first person to climb Mount Everest? And, who was the first person to land on the moon?" Which question would be answered correctly more often? What do you think?
    DO IT YOURSELF!

Re: when facts fail, try common sense

Here is another approach. an experiment that those of you out there who are teachers might try, out of curiosity. If you should ask a typical USA high school class: "Who was the first person to climb Mount Everest?
    Sir Edmund Hillary, a New Zealand explorer/mountaineer who was the first person to reach the peak in 1953 along with his faithful guide Tenzing Norgay. So, would they know this? Doubtfully, not.

And, who was the first person to land on the moon?" Which question would be answered correctly more often? What do you think?
    Well, most of the class would typically answer 'Neil Armstrong' (along with crew), which is the truth involving the first moon landing, at least.

But ask a typical High School class this question . . . 'What was the first living creature launched into space?' 'Who was the first human launched into space, and who was the first human sent into orbit?'

You'll get a whole variety of answers on this one . . . and most responses are going to be pure entertainment

Завсегдатай

Here is another approach. an experiment that those of you out there who are teachers might try, out of curiosity. If you should ask a typical USA high school class: "Who was the first person to climb Mount Everest? And, who was the first person to land on the moon?" Which question would be answered correctly more often? What do you think?
    Я не понимаю, в чем это относится к теме теорий заговоров?

Старший оракул

Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Я не понимаю, как это относится к теме теорий заговоров?
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

Почтенный гражданин
    A female was the first to enter space, no?

tdk

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Major Yuri Alexeyevich Gagarin of the Soviet Union.
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Старший оракул

The first living creatures launched into space were two dogs, Белка and Стрелка.
    The first human launched into space was Yuri Alekseyevich Gagarin.
    The first woman launched into space was Valentina Vladimirovna Tereshkova.
    The first human who got out of the rocket in space was Aleksey Arhipovich Leonov.

They are all from the Soviet Union.
    Please correct my mistakes if you can, especially article usage.
    My avatar shall be the author I'm currently reading.

Почтенный гражданин
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT
    Major Yuri Alexeyevich Gagarin of the Soviet Union.
    Nope. Two female huskies (spelling)

Почётный участник
    "Just think about the level of technology then and the risks involved, especially (in my opinion) on take-off from the moon. And why NASA now needs billions of dollars and years of time to repeat the same thing!"

The Saturn V engines were some of the most brilliant pieces of technology ever created; then and now. The problem is after a few trips to the moon people became less and less interested in it, people including high ranking members of the U.S. Government. What happened to the Saturn Vs? They were put away or put on display and allowed to deteriorate in condition until they reached the condition they've been in for years: useless. Essentially all of the hard technology used in the Apollo missions has been lost due to negligence brought on by lack of interest.

Now, with the government renewing interest in space travel~ probably due to a threat to this countries superiority in the space industry by many countries, namely: China. Introducing what has become 'Orion'. The new effort by NASA to develop a system to bring humans back to the moon and eventually mars. Couple inflation and other economic issues along with the much farther reaching goals of this new project does it not seem trivial the billions of dollars and years of time? especially to someone familiar with the costs and years of research and development what went into and led to the Apollo projects? Yes it really does.

Also, I really don't see how anyone can question the reality of the apollo missions and therefor our landing on the moon... of course I've spoken to engineers who worked at NASA at and around that time as well as people who have spoken to even more than i have, and were even good friends with them... anyways, I suggest anyone who doubts it reasearch the actual development and story of both NASA and the Soviet space projects... because as someone posted earlier: the Soviet programs have almost all of the "firsts"~~ NASA was lucky with Apollo... it isn't like the USSR was far behind

Почётный участник
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic-Saint
    ... it isn't like the USSR was far behind
    If they would have treated Королёв better, they might have been first. He pretty much single-handedly guided the program and was always fighting against short-sighted bureaucrats.
    —Ravin' Dave

Завсегдатай
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12