Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alfred Hitchcock

Завсегдатай

Alfred Hitchcock

Вам нравятся его фильмы? Какие самые любимые?

Do you like his films? Which are your favourites?
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Мне не нравятся его фильмы. Но я думаю что, самые популярные "Psycho" и "The Birds".
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Vertigo and Rear Window are personal favs of mine. I agree with DDT that Psycho is probably the most popular.
    If only you could see . . . what I have seen, with your eyes.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Moongazer
    Vertigo and Rear Window are personal favs of mine.
    +1
    In Russian, all nationalities and their corresponding languages start with a lower-case letter.

Завсегдатай

Re: Alfred Hitchcock

Quote Originally Posted by Оля
    Вам нравятся его фильмы? Какие самые любимые?

Do you like his films? Which are your favourites?
    Я помню, как я посмотрел фильм "Птицы" в детстве когда мне было около пяти лет. Я не преодолел страх перед птицами до нескольких местяцев поже.

Завсегдатай
    I'm not Hitchock's fan and saw very few of his films, but my fav is "Rope". It's really creepy and is believable unlike "Birds" and "Psyho".

Завсегдатай

Re: Alfred Hitchcock

Quote Originally Posted by basurero
    Я помню, как я посмотрел фильм "Птицы" в детстве, когда мне было около пяти лет. Я не мог преодолеть страх перед птицами _ несколько месяцев после этого.
    Мне не нравится фильм "Птицы", во-первых, мне было совсем не страшно, а во-вторых, там нет "хичкоковского" сюжета (и по-моему, вообще никакого вразумительного сюжета).

Завсегдатай
    Мне кажется, талант Хичкока в том, что он вызывает у зрителя ужас, не показывая при этом на экране ничего особенного, страшного. Например, наибольший ужас от сцен в кино я испытывала, когда смотрела "Головокружение" (Vertigo). Никакие окровавленные челюсти чудовищ или ожившие мертвецы с этим не сравнятся.

Завсегдатай
    Мне кажется, талант Хичкока в том, что он вызывает у зрителя ужас, не показывая при этом на экране ничего особенного, страшного. Например, наибольший ужас от сцен в кино я испытывала, когда смотрела "Головокружение" (Vertigo). Никакие окровавленные челюсти чудовищ или ожившие мертвецы с этим не сравнятся.
    Именно поэтому мне понравилась "Веревка". Фильм вызывает ужас из-за обыденности большей части происходящего. И нет ничего страшнее чудовищ в человеческом обличьи.

Завсегдатай
    Я смотрела "Веревку", мне понравилось. Ужас ужасом, но в черном юморе Хичкоку тоже не откажешь
    Кстати, этот фильм в своем роде уникален: он снят одним бесконечно скользящим планом и не содержит ни одного монтажного стыка!

Почтенный гражданин
    Да, мне очень нравится Хитчкок!

Hitchcok is my favorite director. In fact, he is the only director whose movies I watch only because he made them. There is no other director who I think compares! His films were made artistically firstly. All movies made today are basically technological engineered creations; and not art.

I admit, Hitchcock movies seem and are "corny" or "campy" by modern standards; and some are absolutely absurd. But they all have to be judged by the era in which they were created in and in their subtleties. They may be suspense movies but always have a sense of humor and some silliness.

Just one example; the murder scene at the beginning of "Frenzy". That was the first realistically (that is brutally violentl) portrayed murder scene that I ever witnessed in movies. Speilberg must have liked it so much, he used the idea in his movie Private Ryan!
    DO IT YOURSELF!

Почтенный гражданин
    Oops! I forgot to finish my thought about Frenzy.
    The murder scene was gruesome. But the scene with the body and the potatoes, was hilarious!
    DO IT YOURSELF!

Завсегдатай
    Я еще не смотрела Frenzy

Завсегдатай
    Вы возбуждаете во мне любопытство. Если я не забуду, я попробую один из его фильмов.

Завсегдатай
    я попробую один из его фильмов.
    На вкус?

Почтенный гражданин
    Hitchcock films. Are you, Оля, watching them in Russian language, Russian subtitles, or English?
    Where do you watch them; DVD, TV, theater?
    Do you know that he made about 60 films?
    I have seen 21 that I can remember, and I remember enjoying them all.
    DO IT YOURSELF!

Вы возбуждаете во мне любопытство. Если я не забуду, я попробую один из его фильмов.
    Блин, и я не смотрел ни одного. Но, прочитав топик, тоже появилось желание посмотреть на досуге.
    Please, correct my mistakes, except for the cases I misspell something on purpose!

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly
    Hitchcock films. Are you, Оля, watching them in Russian language, Russian subtitles, or English?
    In Russian language, of course! In English language I can watch only silent films of Charly Chaplin

Where do you watch them; DVD, TV, theater?
    Local Net Maybe another Russians will explain you what is it.
    And TV, of course.

Do you know that he made about 60 films?
    I have seen 21 that I can remember, and I remember enjoying them all.
    Yes, I know he made many films. As I remember, I've seen 20 films of him. My favs are Lady vanishes, Rebecca, Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest.

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil77
    Блин, и я не смотрел ни одного. Но, прочитав топик, тоже появилось желание посмотреть на досуге.
    Вот ссылочка неплохая http://hitch.narod.ru/main.html

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    Вот ссылочка неплохая http://hitch.narod.ru/main.html
    That is a great site for learning Russian or English. Check out these side by side translations!
    http://hitch.narod.ru/revenge.html
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast