Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Гендерные меньшинства

  1. #1
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5

    Гендерные меньшинства

    (Офф-топиковые посты отделены от темы: http://masterrussian.net/f16/%D0%B6%...7%D0%BC-21773/ )


    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Болезнь -- точно нет. Отклонение от нормы -- точно нет. Как можно сказать человеку, что он "отлонение от нормы"? Разве это не обидное выражение? К тому же, в природе все равны и нормальны. Так же как "у природы нет плохой погоды".
    Отклонение от стереотипа, гендерные/сексуальные меньшинства -- это да.
    The problem with your logic starts when you try to think about other sexual minorities, like pedophiles, for example. In many countries pedophiles are outlaws and yet, according to your logic, they are norm and not more than a stereotype. How would you defend your position now?
    It is only "обидное выражение" when people do not accept it but no matter how your sugarcoat it it wouldn't change the reality.

    Gays are a deviation from norm but gays are acceptable in many societies because in general they bring no danger to the societies, same as heterosexuals(who are norm, because they are majority).
    The biggest question is, if gays are accepted in a society, shouldn't they have all the social rights? It is hard question but the only logical conclusion is yes. However the level of acceptance in different societies is different and you can't change a society overnight. There are 76 countries in the world where being gay is punished by death, those countries should be the first to "fix". Unfortunately many of those countries are not highlighted in media, because of geopolitical reasons and Russia gets lots of blame, because of the same reasons.

  2. #2
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,623
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    The problem with your logic starts when you try to think about other sexual minorities, like pedophiles, for example. In many countries pedophiles are outlaws and yet, according to your logic, they are norm and not more than a stereotype. How would you defend your position now? ...
    Немецкие ученые доказали, что педофилия это болезнь, Mixnews.lv

  3. #3
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5
    В международной классификации болезней Всемирной Организации Здравоохранения до её 9 редакции включительно гомосексуальность классифицировалась как заболевание (302.0), относившееся к группе психосексуальных расстройств (psychosexual disorders) (302) (см. список List of ICD-9 codes 290—319: mental disorders)
    https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Гомосексуальность

    But now we know that those studies were wrong.
    The link you posted does not prove your point of view, because you, yourself said that sexual minorities are norm and now you actually disapproving your words with that link

  4. #4
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,623
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Гомосексуальность

    But now we know that those studies were wrong.
    The link you posted does not prove your point of view, because you, yourself said that sexual minorities are norm and now you actually disapproving your words with that link
    Педофилия нигде и никак не включается в список сексуальных/гендерных меньшинств. Это болезнь/психическое расстройство и реальная трагедия. Не будем здесь её обсуждать.

  5. #5
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Педофилия нигде и никак не включается в список сексуальных/гендерных меньшинств. Это болезнь/психическое расстройство и реальная трагедия. Не будем здесь её обсуждать.
    ok, let's not to use the actual word pedophilia but let's check the definition of sexual minorities.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_minority
    Others referred to as "sexual minorities" include fetishists and practitioners in of BDSM.[7] The term may also include asexuals[8][9] and people who may be strictly heterosexual and whose choice of actual sex acts may be vanilla, but whose choice of partner or partners is atypical, such as swingers (although this is debated),[10] polyamorists[11] or people in other nonmonogamous relationships, people who strongly prefer sex partners of a disparate age[12] or people who engage in mixed race relationships.
    I highlighted a controversial phrase for you.
    Now a question for you, if there are people who would only prefer sex with people who are 30-40 years younger then them should we call it a norm, a divination from norm or physiological disorder. That's a question number one.
    A second question. There are nonmonogamous relationships in the world, in some countries it's legal in some it is not, the question is, shouldn't those people have the same social rights as anybody else?
    And finally third question. There are people who practice polyamory (i.e. free love) should their sexual views be widely spread and accepted in society and should those people have the same social rights as anybody else?

    I'm eager to hear your answers.
    maxmixiv likes this.

  6. #6
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,623
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    ok, let's not to use the actual word pedophilia but let's check the definition of sexual minorities.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_minority

    I highlighted a controversial phrase for you.
    Now a question for you, if there are people who would only prefer sex with people who are 30-40 years younger then them should we call it a norm, a divination from norm or physiological disorder. That's a question number one.
    A second question. There are nonmonogamous relationships in the world, in some countries it's legal in some it is not, the question is, shouldn't those people have the same social rights as anybody else?
    And finally third question. There are people who practice polyamory (i.e. free love) should their sexual views be widely spread and accepted in society and should those people have the same social rights as anybody else?

    I'm eager to hear your answers.
    It's all off-topic.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)



  7. #7
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    It's all off-topic.
    On the contrary it's very "on-topic", you brought sexual minorities term here and I think it is very important to understand what it is.
    When anybody starts talking about sexual minorities the first thing that comes to mind is gay people, it's a hot topic in modern societies. However if anybody acknowledges that gay people are sexual minority and they should have same social right as heterosexuals(I believe you , Lampada, is one of so called "pro-gay" people) it begs a question, what about other sexual minorities? Should they have the same social rights as gays? And if no then why not? If no then wouldn't it mean that gays are somewhat superior than other sexual minorities? Wouldn't it be hypocrisy? And if gays are "socially superior" wouldn't it endanger other sexual minorities and maybe eventually the majority too?

  8. #8
    Властелин
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,156
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    On the contrary it's very "on-topic", you brought sexual minorities term here and I think it is very important to understand what it is.
    When anybody starts talking about sexual minorities the first thing that comes to mind is gay people, it's a hot topic in modern societies. However if anybody acknowledges that gay people are sexual minority and they should have same social right as heterosexuals(I believe you , Lampada, is one of so called "pro-gay" people) it begs a question, what about other sexual minorities? Should they have the same social rights as gays? And if no then why not? If no then wouldn't it mean that gays are somewhat superior than other sexual minorities? Wouldn't it be hypocrisy? And if gays are "socially superior" wouldn't it endanger other sexual minorities and maybe eventually the majority too?
    All of your questions are easily resolved if we assume that,

    a) Family in legal terms is represented by a couple of two, of the age of consent or higher.
    b) The sexual orientation of anyone (either gay or straight) is what they're born with, with no possibility to ever change it.

    A lot of social and biological studies conclude a) to be the optimal pick, and prove b) correct.

  9. #9
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    All of your questions are easily resolved if we assume that,

    a) Family in legal terms is represented by a couple of two, of the age of consent or higher.
    why?
    I mean why two and why age limit? Both of these statements are not true for some countries. Also some countries state that family is only possible between a man and a woman.
    So why anybody would need to accept exactly your statement and not a statement of other social groups.
    In other words who gets to decide the universal true answer on such a question: what is a family?

    I'll give you a real life example:
    There are European countries that allow gay marriages and gay people have no discrimination whatsoever in such countries.
    There was an event in Chechnya recently where about 50 years old man took a second wife who was 17 years old. That event got highlighted even in Western press.
    Those European countries are genuinely shocked: the age difference, the second wife, it's all unacceptable in those countries. When they are told that it's ok in Chechnya they call it barbaric.
    The question is if Chechens call European countries barbaric because such countries have wide gay rights, who is truly correct in this? European countries or Chechnya and who gets to decide?

  10. #10
    Почтенный гражданин Milanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Odessa - San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    17
    who gets to decide?
    Usually, lawfully elected lawmakers get to decide. Some Muslim countries allow polygamy and this does not create problems with other countries that do not allow it. But Chechnya is a part of Russia. Russia fought long and hard not to let it break away and create a separate independent state.
    Doesn't Russia have a law prohibiting bigamy? If it does than this marriage is unlawful and the man should be incarcerated. If Russia does not have this law then there is no problem.
    I am not an expert on Russian law. You tell me, if there is such a law and was the law broken or not.
    This is a quote from Wikipedia:
    Polygamous marriages are not recognized in the Russian Federation. The Family Code of Russia states that a marriage can only be contracted between a man and a woman, neither of whom is married to someone else.[1] Furthermore, Russia does not recognize polygamous marriages that had been contracted in other countries.
    Контекст - (от лат. contextus - соединение - связь), относительно законченный отрывок письменной или устной речи (текста), в пределах которого наиболее точно выявляется значение отдельных входящих в него слов, выражений и т. п.

  11. #11
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanya View Post
    Usually, lawfully elected lawmakers get to decide. Some Muslim countries allow polygamy and this does not create problems with other countries that do not allow it. But Chechnya is a part of Russia. Russia fought long and hard not to let it break away and create a separate independent state.
    Doesn't Russia have a law prohibiting bigamy? If it does than this marriage is unlawful and the man should be incarcerated. If Russia does not have this law then there is no problem.
    Russia does have a law prohibiting polygamy it also does have a law prohibiting gay marriages.
    Some countries allow gay marriages but do not allow polygamy.
    Somehow Russia gets all the boos for not allowing gay marriages but at the same time openly gay countries do not have any blame for not allowing polygamy. Looks like a hypocrisy, considering that gays and polygamists are both sexual minorities.

  12. #12
    Почтенный гражданин Milanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Odessa - San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    I'll give you a real life example:
    There was an event in Chechnya recently where about 50 years old man took a second wife who was 17 years old. That event got highlighted even in Western press.
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    Russia does have a law prohibiting polygamy.
    Do you not see a little flaw in your logic here?
    Maybe Western press highlighted this event because this marriage was against the law (Russian law) and law did nothing about it. Does Russia allow everybody to flout its laws, or do only select few can do it? Who is responsible for enforcing this law in Russia and how is it enforced in this particular case?
    Контекст - (от лат. contextus - соединение - связь), относительно законченный отрывок письменной или устной речи (текста), в пределах которого наиболее точно выявляется значение отдельных входящих в него слов, выражений и т. п.

  13. #13
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanya View Post
    Do you not see a little flaw in your logic here?
    Maybe Western press highlighted this event because this marriage was against the law (Russian law) and law did nothing about it. Does Russia allow everybody to flout its laws, or do only select few can do it? Who is responsible for enforcing this law in Russia and how is it enforced in this particular case?
    I must have written it a little bit differently, like that:
    There was an event in Chechnya recently where about 50 years old man allegedly took a second wife who was 17 years old. That event got highlighted even in Western press.

    But again to the point:
    Russia has a law prohibiting gay marriages and gets bashed by Western press for not allowing it
    Russia has a law prohibiting polygamy and gets bashed by Western press for? IDK, for allowing it?
    I've recently found a picture that describes the situation perfectly

  14. #14
    Почтенный гражданин Milanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Odessa - San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    17
    Russia has a law prohibiting gay marriages and gets banished by Western press for not allowing it
    Russia has a law prohibiting polygamy and gets banished by Western press for?
    Banished from where?
    Контекст - (от лат. contextus - соединение - связь), относительно законченный отрывок письменной или устной речи (текста), в пределах которого наиболее точно выявляется значение отдельных входящих в него слов, выражений и т. п.

  15. #15
    Moderator Lampada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    СССР -> США
    Posts
    17,623
    Rep Power
    31
    Не думаю, что полигамы или педофилы могут рассматриваться как гендерные меньшинства. Меньшинства - да, но не гендерные, а девиантные. (Конечно, полигамы и педофилы не должны быть в одном ряду, но я поставила их рядом для простоты изложения).

    Вот, например, есть список гендерных меньшинств: https://www.pcc.edu/resources/illumi...nd-handout.pdf


    (Русский язык продолжает обогащаться.)

  16. #16
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanya View Post
    Banished from where?
    That's my English and quick fingers
    I meant bashed

  17. #17
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    Не думаю, что полигамы или педофилы могут рассматриваться как гендерные меньшинства. Меньшинства - да, но не гендерные, а девиантные. (Конечно, полигамы и педофилы не должны быть в одном ряду, но я поставила их рядом для простоты изложения).

    Вот, например, есть список гендерных меньшинств: https://www.pcc.edu/resources/illumi...nd-handout.pdf


    (Русский язык продолжает обогащаться.)
    я прошу здесь не оффтопить

  18. #18
    Почтенный гражданин Milanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Odessa - San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    17
    Вот, например, есть список гендерных меньшинств: https://www.pcc.edu/resources/illumi...nd-handout.pdf
    Thread: Гендерные меньшинства
    Quote Originally Posted by hddscan View Post
    я прошу здесь не оффтопить
    Что-то я не поняла. Если ветка о гендерных меньшинствах, то как список гендерных меньшинств может быть офф-топиком?
    Контекст - (от лат. contextus - соединение - связь), относительно законченный отрывок письменной или устной речи (текста), в пределах которого наиболее точно выявляется значение отдельных входящих в него слов, выражений и т. п.

  19. #19
    Почтенный гражданин
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanya View Post
    Что-то я не поняла. Если ветка о гендерных меньшинствах, то как список гендерных меньшинств может быть офф-топиком?
    it's an inside joke, don't pay attention to it.

    BTW there is a list of sexual minorities on Wiki and I copied part of that list here, I don't see a point of changing that list because that would undermine the whole topic and our moderator just can't wait to close it.

  20. #20
    Завсегдатай Crocodile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    село Торонтовка Онтарийской губернии
    Posts
    3,059
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric C. View Post
    All of your questions are easily resolved if we assume that,

    a) Family in legal terms is represented by a couple of two, of the age of consent or higher.
    b) The sexual orientation of anyone (either gay or straight) is what they're born with, with no possibility to ever change it.

    A lot of social and biological studies conclude a) to be the optimal pick, and prove b) correct.
    I think both assumptions are arbitrary and alas can't serve a basis to anything, really. With respect to A, if more than two persons of the age of consent want to be a familty, what makes you rule them out in such conclusive manner? With respect to B, please have a look at Bisexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to widen your horizonts a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 76
    Last Post: November 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Russian Lessons                           

Russian Tests and Quizzes            

Russian Vocabulary