View Poll Results: What's your smoking history?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have never smoked

39 60.94%
  • I used to smoke, but have since given up

12 18.75%
  • I am a smoker and want to give up

4 6.25%
  • I am a smoker and don't care about giving up

9 14.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Smoking

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdmin View Post
    "Хозяйство" doesn't quite mean "economy" here. It has more of a "family budget" meaning.
    it seems to me, the meaning is 'economy' here, cos it's 122 mln.roubles - Ежегодно прокуривается в СССР (Выпускается на воздух) - sounds like it's bad for the national economy.

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by Anixx View Post
    Women smoke more than men in Russia, I think. And start earlier. Among students I estimate that about 40% males smoke while more than 90% females do.
    Меньше женщины гораздо курят.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    How DISGUSTING to smoke in a hospital. How can that be allowed? Poor you, it must have been awful to stay in the hospital under such conditions.
    Smoking in hospital is not allowed of course. But what then?
    The only penalty is driving out, but it is probably considered "too cruel".
    No one is personally responsible to punish violators, and if there was the one, it would be very dangerous work. The smokers get very aggressive when cannot smoke.

Regarding smoking in transport, I laid on thick a bit (сгустил краски):
    In trains, smoking usually happens "в тамбуре" (some bastards though smoke "в купе" too), but the smoke flows into carriage. Things are worse "в плацкартных вагонах", because they are often overcrowded.
    In buses, only driver and passengers-hooligans smoke. Drivers are worst, because they are 100% smokers, are smoking without breaks, and again, all passengers have to smell it.
    In planes, they smoke in toilets.
    In taxis, with probability of 70%, during your short trip the driver will smoke. Another 30% - driver does not smoke at all, or respectful enough to smoke only when passengers quit.
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Властелин
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsms View Post
    it seems to me, the meaning is 'economy' here, cos it's 122 mln.roubles - Ежегодно прокуривается в СССР (Выпускается на воздух) - sounds like it's bad for the national economy.
    How retarded did the author of the poster have to be to fail to notice ppl actually paid for the packs they "smoked away" ?!

Banned
    Моя инфографика: Курение.jpg — Yandex.Disk
    Договорился о ее размещении в пригородных поездах. ))

Подающий надежды оратор cartoonsmaker's Avatar
    я курил лет 9 потом бросил. Тяжело было бросать, но я ни капли не жалею об этом.
    Хороший дизайн инфографики! Молодец! Только, к сожалению, этого не вбить в головы курильщиков.

Я тут ехал как-то на общественном транспорте и с нами сравнялся автомобиль, в салоне которого сидели 3 детей, примерный возраст от 4-7 лет, вместе с родителями и "папаша" при этом курил сигарету (окна в салоне были закрыты)

Как в автомобиле можно дышать этой гадостью без коричневого пакета - вообще ума не приложу.

Дизайн тоже оценил, но там написано "табычный дым"?
    "Невозможно передать смысл иностранной фразы, не разрушив при этом её первоначальную структуру."

Новичок
    According to the new legislative amendments:
    - smoking in the trains will be almost prohibited in future (in Russia of course),
    - a little bit earlier any advertisement, related to tobacco industry, and smoking in public place will be prohibited.

As I can predict (according to the analysis of the legislator's will and his general line in that sphere) tough fines for violations shall follow soon.

So smoking folk in Russia will have a range of new reason for healthy life )))

Banned
    1. А с другой стороны, зачем спасать людей? Они что, все белые и пушистые?
    2. И как будет осуществляться естественный отбор, если не будет вредных привычек? А без отбора мы совсем деградируем.

Banned
    Да, самоочищаться в своём сознании после нелёгких 15-20 лет русским необходимо. Ведь табак, наркотики и пьянство — при «благоприятных» условиях это будет покруче любой бомбы или армии.

Кстати, знаете кто до этого впервые додумался? Англичане! См. опиумные войны в Китае. Её Величество — это у нас главный наркобарон в мире.

Banned
    А Вы посмотрите для ясности в ютубе, как некурящие спортивные кавказцы бросают борцовскими приёмами девушек через голову. После этого может прийти новый взгляд на курение, на некурящих праведников и т.д.

Новичок
    Nevertheless smoking people and people with other bad habits (mentioned above) are our compatriots. And if these habits are dangerous for society, society and goverment have to find way to shield innocent people from bad consequences of such "habits".

I don't care about influence of cigarette smoke on my own entity (as a man who used to smoke for a long time), but others people really suffer from passive smoking.

So I eagerly look forward to the reduction of public smoking!
    Lampada likes this.

Banned
    Надо задавить не курильщиков (это больные люди), а производителей сигарет. А у нас для них льготы (если сравнивать с остальным миром). Они формируют бюджеты. Они являются крупными игроками. Пробовали что-нибудь продать табачной компании? Они ведут себя как господа: диктуют условия. Если не выполняется хоть буковка, то посылают сразу, не взирая на убытки поставщиков. Я имею в виду Филипп Морисс Ижора и т.д.

Новичок
    I don't remember what is going to happen with manufacturers, but retailers rules are going to be many times stricter.

So we are following in right direction, Comrades ))

Banned
    Uploaded doc.film here: Russian documentaries.

According to the book How to Quit without Feeling S**t
    for most people it's next to impossible to quit an addiction, e.g. tobacco, at least in GB. The only reliable way to quit a strong addiction without relapses is not to acquire it .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12