Thread: to russia, advisement needed

Новичок

to russia, advisement needed

.....uhmmm, hi all, this is my first post on this borad I suppose. I hope this is the right section to post this

I'm a 20 years old chinese who lived in U.S since I was 10. currently I'm a college student at USC. I love to make friends and I hope I will get alone with everyone on this forum laterly.

anyway, here's the thing. last year, I've met a russian gamemate while I was palying SOF2. for some reason, we like each other more than just gamemate but rather as good friend. we exchanged email, msn messenger, and some other personal information. but very unfortunately I live in this part world and he is in the other part, as so, we never met each other and we could only communicate over net. but somewhat I'm strongly desire to see him in person, and my chance is coming up in this december. my concern is this, I'm planning a tour to China soon after I finish my fall semester, since Russia and China are so close each other, I probably will have a visit to russia after I done with China.
    But I can't just buy a ticket and go because Russia for me is a totally strange country, in there I know no one but him, and I don't think his family would happy if I live in his place. so, right here, I need to ask things out before I go.
    1. where can find a good hotal with fair price? (he live in Kiev. and I planning to stay for 5 days) 2. what's the transportation there? taxi? bus?or bike? I mean how do I get somewhere not by walking? 3. how's the security there? safe? what are things that I need to notice?

come on ppl, any information would be helpful. thank you very much.

Старший оракул
    Well, first of all welcome to the board.
    Second, you probably should have posted it in 'Travel and Tourism' but it's not such a big deal.
    Third and MOST important, Kiev is in Ukraine, not in Russia, different country, different visa etc. - so don't book anything for Russia!
    Also Ukraine is across the western border of Russia, so it's still a helluva long way from China.
    All the same, good luck!
    Море удачи и дачу у моря