Thread: good fair

Завсегдатай

good fair

Im planning a trip to Russia on my christmas vacation and need to find the cheapest seats possible flying from San Fransisco... Does anyone know any good, lesser known sites where i can get a ticker for under 1,000?

I've already been to Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheaptickets, etc...

The best i've seen so far was 950.00 but there was like a 9 hour wait in frankfurt... that's pretty brutal.

Does anyone have any recomendations or anywhere to suggest to start looking?
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почётный участник
    Does it have to be San Fransisco?
    I got a $750.00 flight to fly from JFK to Mariupol, Ukraine. I thought that was great because when I was in Odessa in July I paid $350 round trip from Odessa to Donetsk, took a taxi to Mariupol.

With this flight I have to pay an additional $250 to get from my city in the Southwest to JFK (round trip). I used Expedia and I am travelling on a Wed and back on a Sat. (3 week trip)
    So you may want to look at a different date in the middle of the week, or look to see if you can fly from San Fran to JFK or even Miami and go from there. Might make for a longer trip. My longest wait for my upcoming trip is a 4 hour lay over in Kiev.

Christmas holiday is going to be really tough, so $950 is looks to be like a great deal. Lots of folks go "home" abroad in December. I say this becuase in my job, lots of folks take advantage of our holiday time off and couple that with there vacation, tends to make for about a 1 month venture back home.

Завсегдатай
    Hmm. Yea san fransisco is the cheapest of the three. There's san jose, oakland, and SF... SF defineatly has the biggest international options.

And my dates really arnt flexible at all... Im in the military and my leave dates are set -P, the later i leave the less time i have.

I think i found the one im gunna get though... The question is... 8 hour layoever in London? Or 8 hour layover in Frankfurt? Im thinking london, Since i've already been to germany... but who knows.

Anyone know how close heathrow is to the city? I kinda wanna take a taxi / train into the city for a few hours while im waiting...
    Вот это да, я так люблю себя. И сегодня я люблю себя, ещё больше чем вчера, а завтра я буду любить себя to ещё больше чем сегодня. Тем что происходит,я вполне доволен!

Почтенный гражданин
    I think that Heathrow is around 20 km or so to the west of the city centre. However, perhaps you could consider Frankfurt in the unfortunate even of some terrorist scare which may keep you in airport security longer at Heathrow, but that's not likely of course. Anyway, good luck with your trip!

Best Regards!
    Листьев не обожгло, Веток не обломало
    День промыт как стекло, только этого мало

Старший оракул
    have a look a waytorussia.net. i think they have some advice on how to get there as cheap as possible
    Не откладывай на завтра того, с кем можешь переспать сегодня
    --------
    http://england-moscow.com/

Завсегдатай
    1337. i found 1 for 700. thnx guyz!!

dogboiz go7n 2 moskau! d3c 24th, watch for me)

700 dollars to Moscow I paid like 1000 from SFO to Oslo But it was during the summer, prices were crazy all the same... What airline did you end up picking, dogboy?

I was going to suggest checking with Icelandair, they had some special deals from SFO before... but it seems like you found your ticket!
    Hei, rett norsken min og du er død.
    I am a notourriouse misspeller. Be easy on me.
    Пожалуйста! Исправляйте мои глупые ошибки (но оставьте умные)!
    Yo hablo español mejor que tú.
    Trusnse kal'rt eturule sikay!!! ))

DDT
    I have given up the Gambling, the Wine and the Cows!.. I'm in St Petersburg Russia
    700 bucks sounds like a good deal! I checked about 6 weeks ago from Portland to Moscow and it was about $1500 or something.

If ya go to London you can a few pommies arses for me while your there! hehehe!
    Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose, free to choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to talk, think and act for myself. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Завсегдатай
    Well from the time i checked prices on my class break till lunch about 25 seats (so it appears) had sold and gone. The only thing left was either flying out late on the 23rd and staying for 10!!!F POOMGFG OMFG 10 hours in... Atlanta??? Are you crazy??? Or flying out on the 24th in the morning and only having 2 hours in atlanta.

Anyways, its with Delta, which is a company I dont know a lot about... the final price of the tickets were $1049. Not Great but not bad either.

I wish i coulda got to spend a few hours in london though... oh well

ill still get to moscow christmas morning (dec 25th) at 10 am =))

Get to do new years MOSCOW STYLE! yea-ah!