Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Мой талантливый племянник

Почтенный гражданин MISSFOXYSWEETCHERRY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gRomoZeka View Post
    Ha ha, me too! I bought two broilers when I was 7. They were so cute and soo cheap (4 chickens = 1 ice-cream, lol).Both grew up huge and terrorized local cats by attacking them from both sides velociraptor style. We had to give them away too, after they developed a habit of sneaking into nearby houses and pooping there.

Курочки на фото очень симпатичные, но не представляю, как их держать indoors по вышеназванной причине (обс*рают все вокруг).
    How kind you were....
    Pretty Scared Cat | Picture 19962
    Let's Live By The Moment... Cause Together Ain't Promised Forever
    Жить надо так, чтобы тебя помнили и сволочи
    Du Vet Inte Vad Som Kan Hända Innan Aftonen!

Завсегдатай
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampada View Post
    I'll ask, but there are special diapers: Chicken Diaper (Free shipping!) from My Pet Chicken
    Ух ты. До чего техника дошла...

My nephew's girlfriend (from FB): " I accidentally fell asleep outside. When I woke up, it was dark, but more importantly, my two sweetest chickens were sleeping on top of me with their heads nestled under my chin and their wings spread over my face and chest to keep us all warm. I love my hens so much. They're so good. Except when they're so bad like yesterday, but still! "

and the day before:

"Having chickens is like having four teenagers. They're real sweet if they think you're gonna give them bread or oats. Someone leaves the gate open and they get out into the neighborhood? They don't know you! No way! Never seen you before! Run away! Run away!"

Cute
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Украла из ФБ. Интересно племяшина гёрлфренд пишет:
    "Someone should just kill Seth McFarlane. I don't watch the Oscars or any of his stupid tv shows, but every time I hear his name and remember he exists, I can't help but think about how "popular culture" in this country is just an excuse to abuse marginalized peoples, glorify white men, and silence everyone else. When I think about all of the people growing up, consuming his media and the forms of ...media he has inspired/will inspire, and all of the people working now who are tailoring their media to be consumed by people who like and agree with McFarlane's media and the media it has inspired/will inspire, it makes me sick in my heart and full of rage. Being a marginalized person who wants to create media sucks. Seeing marginalized people who create good media being constantly reduced to sex objects or punchlines by dudes who think they're hilarious sucks. Watching marginalized people who are great artists have to pander to this kind of over-culture for even the most miniscule recognition or chance to work at all really sucks. It's not just Seth McFarlane's fault, but he is one hell of a representational figure for the problem that is this culture's comprehension of the difference between "entertainment" and "active violence" and if you like Seth McFarlane or what he represents, we don't just have different taste in media, we're enemies by all accounts."

Украла из ФБ. Интересно племяшина гёрлфренд пишет:
    "Someone should just kill Seth McFarlane. I don't watch the Oscars or any of his stupid tv shows, but every time I hear his name and remember he exists, I can't help but think about how "popular culture" in this country is just an excuse to abuse marginalized peoples, glorify white men, and silence everyone else. When I think about all of the people growing up, consuming his media and the forms of ...media he has inspired/will inspire, and all of the people working now who are tailoring their media to be consumed by people who like and agree with McFarlane's media and the media it has inspired/will inspire, it makes me sick in my heart and full of rage. Being a marginalized person who wants to create media sucks. Seeing marginalized people who create good media being constantly reduced to sex objects or punchlines by dudes who think they're hilarious sucks. Watching marginalized people who are great artists have to pander to this kind of over-culture for even the most miniscule recognition or chance to work at all really sucks. It's not just Seth McFarlane's fault, but he is one hell of a representational figure for the problem that is this culture's comprehension of the difference between "entertainment" and "active violence" and if you like Seth McFarlane or what he represents, we don't just have different taste in media, we're enemies by all accounts."
    Who are you quoting, Lampada? it's beautifully written...
    Вот потому, что вы говорите то, что не думаете, и думаете то, что не думаете, вот в клетках и сидите. И вообще, весь этот горький катаклизм, который я здесь наблюдаю, и Владимир Николаевич тоже…

Quote Originally Posted by Deborski View Post
    Who are you quoting, Lampada? it's beautifully written...
    I knew you'd like it. It's Michelle, Sergey's friend. I believe it's about themselves. Made me cry.
    Last edited by Lampada; April 22nd, 2013 at 03:31 AM.

I knew you'd like it. It's Michelle, Sergey's friend. I believe it's about themselves. Made me cry.
    I totally understand...

Властелин
    I wonder if that dude confused a random guy's car for Seth McFarlane's car.

My nephew letter from american prison (minimum security) sent to me yesterday.

Lyuba thank you so much for the books! I am excited to read 3 comrades, in both Russian and English nonetheless! I think reading a chapter in English first and then in Russian will make translating easier, or maybe side by side will eliminate the need for using the dictionary so often. The one you sent me is great! I will write you more later and email me whenever you want, it is a great way to stay in touch and I check my email many times a day.

I just got a job as the manager of the recreation department as the old manager is leaving and I was talking to him about teaching art and Yoga classes. He was relieved because there hasn't really been anyone who he felt was able to do it. He is a great artist and I will now have access to and airbrush with inks, as well as his stash of acrylic paints. I will be scheduling all of the recreational classes as well as teaching art and Yoga. I am doing very well in here, and it is honestly like a fat camp, nothing like the medium/max facilities you see on TV. My cell mates joke about it and ask me if it is anything like I thought it would be, they compare it to an extended slumber party. Obviously being trapped here is frustrating, regardless of how much there is to do, and I miss being with my family and friends, but it's only for less than 23 months (probably only 17 more before I go to a halfway house). Not like the men here, many of whom are fathers and husbands who are in for 10, 15, 30 years. It's a sick system but they make it very accomodating so that the inmates are content enough to keep it sustainable and profitable for the stock holders.

Anyhow, thank you so much for the books! I had to reorganize my locker as I already had many great books from the library here. I'll write you again soon.
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty. ~Norm Crosby
    "...Важно, чтобы форум оставался местом, объединяющим людей, для которых интересны русский язык и культура. ..." - MasterАdmin (из переписки)

Ещё один имэйл с американской тюрьмы (minimum security).

"Hello L., I am doing well thank you. How are you doing? The Russian Grammar book is excellent. (*) The gentleman I am studying Spanish and Russian with loves it. He speaks 8 different languages. It will be nice to see F. again but you should tell him there is no need to come so often. People here are shocked to hear about him coming from so far away. I can only imagine what they'll think to hear he's coming again so soon. It costs a lot of money for everything, but it's his choice I guess.
    Anyhow, maybe I will write you another letter soon so as not to waste time on the computer here. I'm learning to play basketball, it is pretty funny. I'm on a team in the C league (the least skilled league) and we are probably the worst team, but we have a lot of fun and everyone cracks up watching us play and is rooting for us because we are the underdogs. Everyone get's really into it and we all have a good laugh.

The Ashtanga Yoga book is excellent. My friend Mike and I went through half of the sequence, it is quite challenging but I was also pleasantly surprised by learning I could do things I didn't know I could. It is easier to grasp when it is laid out in a book since in the past I had to hurriedly follow along to a video.

Well L. hope you are well
    Love"

(*) http://worldtracker.org/media/librar...%20Grammar.pdf

Сегодняшний имэйл из тюрьмы от моего племянника.

"Lyuba I am doing well, sorry for not writing more. The Yoga class started this week and it is going well. We had 16 people come for the Beginner's Yoga class on Monday, and then 17 (some new while some from the first day didn't come) on Wednesday. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but everyone seems to really enjoy it. We thought there would be a bigger turnout, but it is a solid group. The intermediate Yoga class only has 2-3 people that come, but that isn't so surprising as there are only so many people that are intermediate, and a lot of them come to the Friday afternoon class that has been going on for a while.
    The book "the Unknown Revolution" that you sent me is very interesting. Thank you so much for it. My Ukrainian friend Roman has read it and told me it's a classic. I'm staying busy as always and continue to practice Russian and a little bit of Spanish. I've had to do a lot more work lately as we are reorganizing classes and the person I am replacing is being phased out since he is getting out by the end of the year after 5 years here. How are you doing in Chicago? I miss the city and it will be nice to visit again in the future. I do have access to a copy machine, and I need to write a few people back. I'll send a letter soon, and try to stay on top of writing emails.

I'm also learning how to write calligraphy. We don't have proper metal pens of course, or brushes, but we do have sharpie brand felt tip calligraphy pens that work pretty well. It takes a lot of concentration and patience. I send my love and can't wait to hear back from you."

Рисунки моего племянника из тюрьмы. Я всегда думала, что он очень талантливый. Это вроде бы должна получиться такая книга-комикс.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lampada; September 3rd, 2014 at 04:42 AM.

Очередной имэйл из тюрьмы:
    "I am doing well Lyuba. How are you? It is certainly not what one expects of a prison here. All sorts of sports and recreation, Yoga and hobby shop. I'm lucky that this is where i was sent. I am told by other people that when they have been at prisons with hardly any recreation available, the tension is much higher because people have nowhere to focus their energies. That is the really annoying part, is all the people that are so institutionalized and have completely irrational thinking. They act in ways that they think empower them, but actually just show their insecurity and make them weaker. But for the most part that is hardly anу issue here.

I'm still good on books and have a lot to read before I'll need anything else Lyuba, thank you. I'm excited to see Michelle, Phil, and Andrew, and to see my dad again the next weekend. Everything is going as before and I am continuing to work on my comic, it is coming together nicely.

Love you
    Sergey"

Очередной имэйл из тюрьмы от племянника.

"How are you doing Lyuba? I am doing well here, M*** and A*** came to visit me last weekend and it was just wonderful seeing them. I have been continuing all the tings from before, and the only big change is in my job. I am really taking the reins in leading the hobby shop (arts department here). I will be teaching a bunch of classes and making sure all the classes have what they need.
    I am also getting better at piano, and am even able to improvise songs. I am trying to write one when I get a chance to practice.

Anyhow, I was just checking in. I have been way behind in writing letters and am still needing to write a bunch of people back. I will try to find the time to send you one soon.

Love you and hope all is well. "

" Guidance to REMOVE yourself from this specific prisoner’s contact list or REFUSE all federal prisoner’s requests for message exchanges is provided within CorrLinks.

By utilizing CorrLinks to send or receive messages you consent to have Bureau of Prisons staff monitor the informational content of all electronic messages exchanged and to comply with all Program rules and procedures.

Your messages may not exceed 13,000 characters and no attachments will be accepted.

For additional information related to the program, please visit the http://www.bop.gov/inmate_programs/trulincs_faq.jsp "

Очередной имэйл из тюрьмы:
    "Hey Lyuba. We do not have that program with training dogs here, but that would be nice if we did. Maybe I'll try to start it here. Things are going well. ...
    As far as books go, I am still hardly making a dent in all the books you and others have sent me. I'm a slow reader and most of the time I would spend reading in my room (that I share with 7 others) someone challenges me to a game of chess and of course if I refuse they egg me on and on, but I like chess so I don't mind.

If you could send me some beginner to intermediate level piano sheet music though that would be great. Just printing songs off the internet and mailing them would be great. I am getting pretty decent at the piano and am trying to learn new songs. The most advanced one I can play is the Russian folk song Tumbalalaika. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Love you and thank you for writing!
    Sergey "

Отрывок из недавнего имэйла из тюрьмы от моего племянника:

" ...I am finally getting into 3 comrades and I can hardly put it down. It is a great escape and is one of the best written books I've read, at times the prose is just stunning and compassionate on a grand scale. I'll try to decipher the Russian version when I'm done with the English."

Из имэйла моего племянника из американской тюрьмы:

"...I have made some friends, there are some decent and interesting people here, a few Russian speakers, one of which is a quite intelligent young man. We had a debate about Putin, as he is a staunch supporter, and unfortunately I did not have a good enough grasp on the facts to present much of a point. But it was interesting to hear about why someone who grew up in Belarus would support him. ..."

Очередной имэйл из американской тюрьмы от моего племянника. (Он временно в Чикаго).

"Hey Lyuba, I'll check on it, but I don't think you would get approved so fast, takes about a week at least. My sisters were sent away from visiting on tuesday because the COs said their clothes were too tight so they are coming on sunday (tomorrow). I have to still confirm with them but I might have to call F. and P. and tell them not to come until tuesday. And I'll call P. and email you as soon as I find out you are approved.

Everything here is going well. I've made many friends and am teaching a lot of Yoga to many people. Am drawing and reading and am doing well. In some ways even better than L. . Can't wait to see you all.

Much love"

Мой племянник познакомился в тюрьме с одним из ребят, освободителей норок и лис (тоже вегеторианцем):

Green Scare: Animal Rights Activists Face Terrorism Charges for Freeing Minks from Fur Farm | Democracy Now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast